·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this suppose to look like this? IMG_1603 (Small).jpg

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
It looks like thats the dust seal. It is normal for them to do that. It will be fine. No use changing it until you have to do ball joints or u joints.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, I was worried that crap could get inside. Since I have extended warranty, that covers all gaskets & seals, is it still worth leaving it alone?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Great, I was worried that crap could get inside. Since I have extended warranty, that covers all gaskets & seals, is it still worth leaving it alone?
Mine is the same way. I am leaving it until i have to do some work with the axels.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
If you have a warranty that covers it def get it fixed. If not dont worry about it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It won't hurt anything because there is an inner axle seal at the Diff. However as stated above if you do have a warranty that covers it get it fixed.

One thing I would think about though... If you did have it fixed they would have to disassemble your break and hub assembly, drain the diff fluid, and remove the axles. Just to replace those seals. Sometimes it is just best to leave well enough alone. Then like others have said when it is time to do ball joints and other things do it then.

Kyle

Edit: Did you ever get that "clunk" fixed?

·
Registered
83 Posts
there was an older thread asking the same thing, you should be fine as stated above. Ever since i always check those seals when checking the air in my tires.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ran this by my son at Wyotech and he said the same, these are just dust caps inner seals should be fine.

03silvertj, actually greased splice in driveshaft, it helped greatly but not completely gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts