Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...i was driving down the road...and my front right hub started grindin like it was in between being locked and being free...so i got out...turned the right and left hubs...and got back in...it went away...got back out...and unlocked them...it came back...so im assuming that it didnt disengage properly...so i pullled it out...and now im at a point of what do i do now...ford hubs are $405for just ONE...so im looking into maybe going with warn premiium...is there anything i need to know before installing them or buying them? any tricks...or "learned the hard ways"??

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump::bump::bump::bump:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
This isn't really gonna help you, but im sort of in the same boat, lookin to get new hubs. I tore mine apart today, spend some time cleaning and greasing the hell out of everything and they still don't disengage properly, both are in the unlock position but they are still locked in. Ford hubs are JUNK. Thats rediculous that new ford hubs cost that much for junk. Im wantin a deal on some good aftermarkets too.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i unhooked my vacuum lines anyway...so warn premium it is...send me a pm raul...ill prolly go with stealth...

·
Registered
3 Posts
yes, definatley go with the warns. Got mine at O'reillys for $240 for the pair including tax. Dealer told me the same thing $350 for "one" of their junk lock out hubs. Make sure your hub bearings and everything else is allright first because my 4 week old warns are already trashed from everything else being shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts