Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a hidden Draw-Tite hitch that goes on behind the front bumper installed. It comes out where the front plate mounts. Seems like it pretty effectively blocks the lower cooling coils that I assume are for the transmission.

I have the 6 speed manual so it doesn't require as much cooling but has anyone had problems with this style hitch?

Jeb

·
Registered
234 Posts
Why do you want a reciever in front? If you wanted two I could give you a good idea, but I use mine to hang weights. Would work great to mount a front cargo rack or some kick a$$ little swivel seats for the tailgate party.:thumb:

Mine are mounted directly to frame ends and replace the factory tow hooks, no cooling air blockage.

·
Registered
663 Posts
A hitch mounted up front makes moving airplanes easy, I do it every day.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hitch is already installed, I looked for the double replacement for the tow hooks but they were not listed for the 2000 only 2001 and newer.

I plan to use a front carrier box on the receiver a couple of times a year when camping when I need to haul some extra gear.

I will also use it to push trailers into some tight parking spots from time to time.

Jeb

·
Registered
234 Posts
I built mine just to hang weights on, I did not realize there was a kit.

I had thought about the ability to back something in a tough spot, but haven't used them except to pull me when I tear somehing up/:rofl:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts