Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up been gone for awhile ,softball season daughter plays fastpitch. Well ive got to replace the front pump seal on my trans is there any thing i need to look for or is it pretty straight forward. Does the seal pop out and new one in or is there any special tools needed. Pics would be great thanks

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
well, when I watched Scott do my front pump seal, all he did was drop the trans, remove the TQ, pry the old seal out and push the new seal in. If he used a tool to push the seal in, I didn't see it... looked pretty straight forward to me.. just didn't have NEAR the equip needed to do it myself

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blue did you have any other problems after that and did you put a cooler on a bigger cooler Thanks

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
You just need a hammer and a punch man. But you do have to at least unbolt the trans and push it back far enough to remove the tc.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big country do i have to unbolt the trans sh** i thought some one had a magic trans wond. Thanks :rofl:I didnt thank the seal was much to deal with i also was told you can put a sheet rock screw in it and pull it out.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im getting ready to do this seal replacement tuesday. Anyone have any recomendations on what brand seal to use or part number im looking at going to napa. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts