Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be doing a brake job on my truck shortly, thinking about Cyro rotors and hawk pads, but i was wondering what kinda of grease should i use for the caliper slide pins. I was also going to take apart the hubs and grease the the auto lock hub, and that bearing in the hub. What grease should i use for everything is my question. I might as well do everything while i'm in there.

·
Banned
3,445 Posts
If you want to upgrade the front to serviceable sealed bearings, stronger stub shafts, and upgraded locking hubs...let me know.

I have a great kit for you...new-in-box...they wouldn't work on my 05

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that' is expensive, i was just wondering what kinda of grease i should use for everything in the hub.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any Suggestions????

·
Registered
601 Posts
for the pins i have always had good luck with copper antiseize.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any idea's?? need some help

·
Registered
601 Posts
i dont think it matter to much what type of grease you use. and like i said i would use copper antisieze for the pins

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
I use marine high temp. It stays put when it gets hot and will not disappear in the winter weather. Good stuff but I can only find it at a marine store which is a PITA.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Did you take the hibs apart?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No i havn't taken them apart, but i did find out my 4x4 don't work. When i turn the switch i hear the transfer kick in, but then my vents quit and it blows out my defroster. But if i manual lock in my hubs it works fine, it still blows out the defroster though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
you have a broken vacum line or a bad seal.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i was kinda thinking that was the problem. I'm just hopin it's nothing to major to fix.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts