Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to figure out whats making the clicking/grinding noise on the front of my truck...its doin it on both sides too. my truck has about 212,000 on it and it looks like the front hubs could be the originals. could these be making noise or are hubs usually pretty quiet. i've never had a truck with hubs so i'm lost here. could it maybe be the wheel bearing or a universal. the thing is, i've had bad u-joints before that went click click click, but this is more of a grinding or rattling??:dunno:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
wat year truck?

im assuming u hav an 02 (by ur name) so thatd mean u hav the OEM ford black plastic junkers (IMO). they very well could be broken or worn out or both. ford will charge u an arm and a leg and a half for some replacments, id ditch the stockers and get some WARN hubs and never hav to worry about them again. u can get them online or at ur local NAPA store. they r the same lockouts that fit a 95 f-350 with a dana 60 (jus an example).:thumb:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my truck is actually a 2001 one sorry bout that. but yea i'm pretty sure they are the black oem ones. i guess i'll go ahead and put the warn hubs on it...but i wonder if i should go ahead and replace the front wheel bearings while i'm at it...

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
wouldnt be a bad idea, if u hav the money. the little torrington bearing inside the hub itself will also go bad. it rides ont eh stub axle as the hub turns, when it goes out it takes the stub wiht it because it rides right on the axle.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
its what they all said ur hubs are just shot you could kinda see it coming with that many miles on it. the needle baring insdie are probably shot along with the spindals and anything else all packed in there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts