Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I don't know if it was the sway bar links/bushings or the shocks. I replaced the entire sway bar bar bushing set ie. top and bottm of links and the main bar bushings with aftermarket stuff. The factory stuff was a beotch to remove but nothin a bunch of heat and a BFH coudn't take care of. I had the factory FX4 shocks still laying in the corner of the shop so just for kicks I reinstalled them (in the front only). My RS9000s must of been wooped:doh: cuz even with the factory shocks probably having 30-35000 miles on them and newly bushed sway bar the front end feels great again:thumb:. No more clunk or rattle AT ALL. The front end feels good and solid. I didn't get around to replacing the track bar bushings (I need bigger tools). I have a new set of Rancho RS9000XLs coming so I'm hoping to improve the ride even more when I get those installed:woot:. I was just relieved as heck to get rid of that annoying rattle.

snoboy

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did my ball joints about a year ago but now my sway bar bushings are on the way out. how much was your kit and who makes it. I have a shop press i used last year on my ball joints its kinda small 12 ton mostly used for sleds but it worked.I had a hell of a time replacing the vacum seals a local gear shop them when I purchased the next seal from them at $40.00 seal they have a home made die for doing it lesson learned on my dime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts