Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys so my front end is messed up here. i took off the tire and the brakes appeared to be alright, yet when i brake it pulls hard to the left and grinds like no tomorrow. i dont think its the hub assembly going out yet again, this one is only like 5 months old. any opinions? i need to check it more in depth. the thing im thinking is maybe the nuts on the studs of the hub assembly are getting loose or something because it grinds when i turn left too i just remembered. need to get this figured out so i can drive it to ohio monday!

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
I know the slide pin boots are bad about leaking and then letting the slide pins stick.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Stuck caliper or bad bearing.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sounds like seized caliper or pins.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i jacked the truck up, took the tire off, spun the rotor, it spins fine with little resistance, put the tire on, turned it to the left where it was grinding under braking, spun fine. so im thinking its a caliper as it spins fine when turned to the left before the brakes are applied. that could also explain the hard pull to the left

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Those slide pins should be a 17MM. I just tried to take mine off and they were tight. But I've had em done before and if they are rusty, sand em off, grease em up good, and put them back in. Might wanna get some more slide boots for them too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts