1 tie rod
trac bar ball joint
shocks
steering stabilizer.
really? already? sounds expensive.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I have 73K on my 450, looking at a new steering box, 4 ball joints, and steering stabilizer........

Reading thru these posts this looks to be a common problem. and Mine is a street truck not a mudder.

Cheers

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it might help if the parts were greesable and not sealed but i dont know......
mine is good since repaired but was told it is maintenance parts?............

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had everything replaced at 90,000 on mine. I have found out real quick the thought of a 250,000 mile low maint diesel is a thing of the past. At 128,000 needed a motor

·
Registered
544 Posts
08 f350 with 62k. truck is in shop and needs-
drag links
1 tie rod
trac bar ball joint
shocks
steering stabilizer.
really? already? sounds expensive.
Something else I found out and it is a hit or miss kinda thing, Some of these rigs 250-550 came thru with ball joints without grease from the factory. 250/350 are sealed, 450/550 have zerks. when i picked up my 450 second hand 50K miles the front end was a bit sloppy due to a bad ball joint. now 27k miles later I am replacing a bunch of stuff including the Steering box. Redhead is building a new unit nto cheap but the last one they did for me was outstanding.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Something else I found out and it is a hit or miss kinda thing, Some of these rigs 250-550 came thru with ball joints without grease from the factory. 250/350 are sealed, 450/550 have zerks. when i picked up my 450 second hand 50K miles the front end was a bit sloppy due to a bad ball joint. now 27k miles later I am replacing a bunch of stuff including the Steering box. Redhead is building a new unit nto cheap but the last one they did for me was outstanding.
I also think i am going with a readhead gear box. I am also going to do ball joints, axel u joints and a track bar ball joint

1 - 6 of 6 Posts