Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now I am considering putting an 05 front end on my truck. need you guys to help me out with some price ideas and difficulty of changing it all over.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
I have 500 in mine. That includes paint but I didn't go with the 05 bumper. Just the top piece of the 05 bumper is 300 new from the dealer. You'll be around 750 depending on what you go with and if its oem or aftermarket. I spent about 3 hours total on my swap.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've been working through the numbers myself. LMC Truck has all the OEM pieces at a reasonable price. (the upper piece at powerstrokeshop.com is only $190) everything adds up though.

from LMC (to do it right)
chrome bumper (with freight) $325
hardware and installation kit $300
upper cover $300
chrome grille $220

if anyone else knows of any place that's less expensive, i'd like to know myself as well.

·
Banned
71 Posts
!

Bumpers and grills around here in a salvage yard are about 300 for both. If your patient you can get one in the same color of your truck.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Bumpers and grills around here in a salvage yard are about 300 for both. If your patient you can get one in the same color of your truck.
i'f you accept paypal, i'd have you pick me up a set. don't care about the color, i'll paint it either way. theres none around here, all the salvage yards say the same thing when i call and ask

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have 500 in mine. That includes paint but I didn't go with the 05 bumper. Just the top piece of the 05 bumper is 300 new from the dealer. You'll be around 750 depending on what you go with and if its oem or aftermarket. I spent about 3 hours total on my swap.
That's the route I'll end up going as well. Cut chrome grille from feabay, 05+ Heads & harness. Grille - $365 shipped, harness $69 shipped & budgeting $200 for heads, leaves it just under $650.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i have 160 into mine :)
Got the bumper of CL for 200, girlle off ebay for 160ish and sold my stock stuff for 200. Looking for headlights now. :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts