Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I have an 08 F250 Supercrew and I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their 4 speakers yet? I think they are all four 6" x 8". My factory ones sound decent, but at higher volumes they crackel a bit. My set up is a Pioneer Z1 head unit, an Infinity 6 channel amp (the 2 sub channels are bridged into 1 channel) so I am using it as a 5 channel amp and a Michael Hughes built sub box with a Pioneer shallow 12" sub. System sounds good, but I am wanting to upgrade the front door and rear panel speakers for better clarity. Are there any depth issues with aftermarket speakers in there or are most of them fairly shallow? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Frank

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hello. I have an 08 F250 Supercrew and I was wondering if anyone has upgraded their 4 speakers yet? I think they are all four 6" x 8". My factory ones sound decent, but at higher volumes they crackel a bit. My set up is a Pioneer Z1 head unit, an Infinity 6 channel amp (the 2 sub channels are bridged into 1 channel) so I am using it as a 5 channel amp and a Michael Hughes built sub box with a Pioneer shallow 12" sub. System sounds good, but I am wanting to upgrade the front door and rear panel speakers for better clarity. Are there any depth issues with aftermarket speakers in there or are most of them fairly shallow? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Frank
I haven't torn into my doors as of yet, but I assure you that the time is coming. I can't speak from experience at this point, but I can tell you that by the looks of it, there's a ton of room back there for a good set of component mids. In most cases, aftermarket components are almost as thin as the factory stuff. That said, you should be fine. I'll let you know once I get to that point but my guess is you'll be getting there first.

·
Registered
402 Posts

Thanks in advance.
Frank
5.25 components should fit fine in the front if you want to go 6" they will fit also but some trimming is needed and possibly moving the window track depending on how big the magnet is on the back of the speaker. for the rear speakers 5.25 componmets or coaxaxle, 6x8 or 5x7 you should be good !

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I have heard some 6x8 polks in my friends exteded cab. They sounded pretty good. I would make sure to turn the bass in the speakerrs significantly down no matter what speakers you get. Let your sub do the job haha.

I have 4 6x8 (5x7 dependig who you talk to) polk MOMO's in my crew cab and im pretty impressed. I like polks stuff. Alpine makes a great product as well.

This is what i was told by a few salesmen....If you are not going to run an amp through your speakers...it is not worth spending the extra bucks to get nice ones...
I didnt agree with this but i guess it makes sense.
Im happy with mine that are un-amped. just running off the deck power. My speakers can handle more, so its probly going to happen in the future.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speakers

I think I am going with the Polk 6x8 in the rear and possibly even up front, too. I might put Polk component's up front, but I don't know if I feel like messing with finding a place to hide the crossover box. Plus, if I did components, I'd want to run 6" and not 5.25", but then there is some cutting involved. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
A tip when you eq your speakers do it with your subs off and at the highest volume you listen too when they sound good then you add the subs ...I see so many people trying to eq with the subs going and all I think is how can you really hear what the speakers really sound like with all the subs going too ...

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
A tip when you eq your speakers do it with your subs off and at the highest volume you listen too when they sound good then you add the subs ...I see so many people trying to eq with the subs going and all I think is how can you really hear what the speakers really sound like with all the subs going too ...
how do you recomend eg-inng the speakers? just adjusting the treble, bass ect? because i did it with my subs on haha.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Ok first turn off the subs crank your stereo to as loud as your going to listen to it bring your highs up and mids if it has that option keep the bass low. What your trying to do is get a crisp clear sound without distorting at high volume once you get that turn your subs on and adjust them to fill out the music once you do that you'll have great highs and mids without distorting and good full bass and the truck will sound good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts