Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Front cup holders

6K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  nic0084 
#1 ·
Any body else think the cup holders in the front seat console is a joke? Has anyone replaced these with cup holders that will actually work. I have to hold my cup pretty much the whole time I'm driving just letting go to shift.

#2 ·
Yup ive spilled 3 times thanks to the cup holder, there not deep enough and way to big for almost any cup so as soon as i go around turns i have to hold the cup or it will fall out.

So im sort of wondering the same thing are there any good aftermarket replacements etc for these things?

#4 ·
I went on a 11 hr road trip the other day and bought the King size drink at burger king to help keep me awake the first turn outta bk and I put the drink all over my door...i was sooooooooo pissed.

#7 ·
My "cup" holder does a good job of holding random nuts and bolts lol But seriously, they are not all that great. Thinking of changing seats out because of it.

#8 ·
I have a "special" cup I found at Advance auto. It will stay in the holder even when full.

You can get those ones from Walmart that hang on the door.

Other than that, I don't know what you could do without changing the console.

#9 ·
Would the flip down console on the 40/20/40 seats fit in place of the fold out armrest on the solid bench by chance? I know the fold out console is longer, but not much else.

#10 ·
If you have the seat my 150 had, no. The console is wider and mounts to the seat frame. The seat is in 3 pieces.

#11 ·
my passenger door has taken quite a few 32oz drink hits,so what i do is wedge some tissue in there to hold it tight,works like a charm.what the hell was ford thinking.:icon_ford:

#14 ·
Is there any way to put the ones from a superduty in the OBS ( The cup holder that pulls out of the dash ). Maybe you could switch out the cigarate tray for one of the pull out ones ? or is there another way because that works way better then the ones on my 97'

#16 ·
The cup holder on the front of this bench seat is different then my cup holder, anyone have this one? Looks like it would be better then the one i have. Mine just has the one cup slot on the passengers side, and the rectangle on the drivers side.

#23 ·
This is what I did with my rear seat cup holder(crew cab), just moved it to the front just set it there and it doesnt move... if you need to put some heavy metal stuff in the front compartment of it and it holds the larger and styrofoam cups prefectly(route 44 sonic), yet to have one fall out.

#17 ·
isn't that like the one for the rear seats? Mine is gone but I think that is what it looks like. I thought about getting one like that but my truck is a manual and I've got my cb there.

#18 ·
I did a mod that solved my "cup thrower" problem

See below:

08 Center console baby! It has the best cup holders that I have ever seen!! Holds big and littles and bottles and all the like!

#19 ·
I put a coozie around my cans and water bottles, then it works pretty good. Not a slim one but the thick kind that you can not fold flat. It fits around cans, regular 16.9 OZ water bottles, Gatorade bottles if you force it. It makes them so wide that it sits very tight in the holder, no problem then any more. And plus it keeps the drink nice and cold.

Cheapest fix I could find.....

#20 ·
i got the solution.
AUTOZONE! has these black plastic cupholders and i put them on the bench and they will hold ANYTHING. from cans all the way to JARS.
its pretty cool. eventho it dosent look good, it does its job.

#21 ·
Jars.....hehehe.....what you drinking, moonshine?? :stump: hehehe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.