Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was picking up blueprints from our local shop. Came out about 5 minutes later and noticed someone clipped my front bumper on the passenger side! No note or anything...looks like the person was turning out of a parking spot of something and bent in the chrome. So now I got a quote from the body shop for $600 to replace the chrome bumper...parts and labor. Where the painted part meets the fender flare is bent in and the guys from the shop said it was because of the chrome. I guess the placement of the painted top half is dependent on the chrome bottom half:confused:

It's either this or if anyone has a used front bumper replacement or one that is new at a great price then I need ya! Let me know and thanks for your help:icon_ford:

Sergio

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
You need a bumper like a ranchhand, or Bull bumper or from Road Armor. Then it will cost the next person that clips you more then 600 dollars to fix there dent. Only cost you 6 bucks for some paint to fix the scratch left in the bumper.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Thats what I have is a ranch Hand. I hate to hear about that. No one has any respect for anyone anymore. It really sucks to see people treating others like they do sometimes. Hopefully you can find cheaper replacement parts bro!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Check around at off-road shops. See if they have any used bumpers from when people upgrade there bumpers. I did this when I needed a new front bumper. I got one from a local off-road shop for 100 bucks chrome with the fog lights already on it. All I did was go home and install it.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
truedat bigcountrysg get a big bumper and if they even clip you, there front end is totalled lol thats happened to me twice. ford windstar-totaled hit my rear. brand new mustang gt really messed up ran into the front while i was stopped

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
my damage...............................nuthin

·
Registered
517 Posts
Standing outside at work one day and watched a guy back into another car with the drawbar on his hitch, sunk it right thru the grill of a sharp black trans am, got out and looked at what he did and then moved his truck to another parking place. I went and told Paul what happened to his car and who all the witnesses were and he waited to see if the guy was gonna say anything. After a couple of hours when he was confronted he claimed no knowledge of it, after he get out and looks he claims to know nothing. We ran a skeleton crew at night, everyone knows everyone else and that really made it bad.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Really sorry to hear this. some people really suck

·
Registered
455 Posts
So I was picking up blueprints from our local shop. Came out about 5 minutes later and noticed someone clipped my front bumper on the passenger side! No note or anything...looks like the person was turning out of a parking spot of something and bent in the chrome. So now I got a quote from the body shop for $600 to replace the chrome bumper...parts and labor. Where the painted part meets the fender flare is bent in and the guys from the shop said it was because of the chrome. I guess the placement of the painted top half is dependent on the chrome bottom half:confused:

It's either this or if anyone has a used front bumper replacement or one that is new at a great price then I need ya! Let me know and thanks for your help:icon_ford:

Sergio
The painted top half is plastic and unbolts from the metal chrome lower. If the chrome metal part is bent , it will make the plastic look bent.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Sry to hear about your damage.. The same thing happened to me the other night when my wife and I went out for my birthday. Although I did not get any damage (just some scuffs) the dumb azz did not realize he was driving in dirt and the tire tracts went right to where he was parked...Duh!! Made me want to damage his F-150, but I did not stoop to his level.... Good Luck with your repairs...

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Sry to hear about your damage.. The same thing happened to me the other night when my wife and I went out for my birthday. Although I did not get any damage (just some scuffs) the dumb azz did not realize he was driving in dirt and the tire tracts went right to where he was parked...Duh!! Made me want to damage his F-150, but I did not stoop to his level.... Good Luck with your repairs...
That's why I carry a valve stem tool. Nothing like seeing someone with 2-4 flat tires, yet no damage done and no parts missing.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The painted top half is plastic and unbolts from the metal chrome lower. If the chrome metal part is bent , it will make the plastic look bent.
I did not know that so thank you for chiming in! They told me that too at the body shop, but I didn't have that on my last truck so I didn't know if that was the case. And it is definitely the chrome that is bent and damaged.

Thanks to everyone else for the information...I'm still looking for a replacement or just a repair. It sounds like it will be much cheaper to go with a factory replacement, but I'm not sure. I even thought about just taking off the chrome lower half and leaving the painted plastic half there with my bull bar on. Not sure how it would look, but would at least be inexpensive! Anyone know how to remove the chrome bumper?

·
Registered
203 Posts
truedat bigcountrysg get a big bumper and if they even clip you, there front end is totalled lol thats happened to me twice. ford windstar-totaled hit my rear. brand new mustang gt really messed up ran into the front while i was stopped
I'm not 100% of the laws involved, but you (or your insurance company) would not have a fun day in court if you somehow managed to hurt someone and your bumper was not in compliance with bumper laws at the time your vehicle was manufactured. This is an even bigger deal now with the mandated "pedestrian friendly" bumpers and front end designs. Just something to think about ;)

I did not know that so thank you for chiming in! They told me that too at the body shop, but I didn't have that on my last truck so I didn't know if that was the case. And it is definitely the chrome that is bent and damaged.

Thanks to everyone else for the information...I'm still looking for a replacement or just a repair. It sounds like it will be much cheaper to go with a factory replacement, but I'm not sure. I even thought about just taking off the chrome lower half and leaving the painted plastic half there with my bull bar on. Not sure how it would look, but would at least be inexpensive! Anyone know how to remove the chrome bumper?
I'd talk to some offroad shops or guys on the forum that replaced their bumper with an aftermarket one and have the old one kicking around. Body shops might have one off a totalled truck too

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
no theres nothin like that here in Texas. see both those deals were me completely stopped and other people running in to me at stoplights and gas stations lol. thats why i love this state cus i dont have to worry about some stupid a$$ laws that some states make like us texans dont get harassed on a daily basis by highway patrol about a freakin catylitic converter missing in action. ive heard that story from a few guys in cali.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I'm not 100% of the laws involved, but you (or your insurance company) would not have a fun day in court if you somehow managed to hurt someone and your bumper was not in compliance with bumper laws at the time your vehicle was manufactured. This is an even bigger deal now with the mandated "pedestrian friendly" bumpers and front end designs. Just something to think about ;)
The only laws about bumpers where I live at is. The vehicle has to have one in the front and back. As well as the bumper hieght has to be with in the limits of the written law. I do not remember off the top of my head exactly what the hieght is. But I see people that take an I-beam and make a bumper out of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts