Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Im new to this site, and i would like to know if anyone could help me decide what front rotors and pads to use.
I have warped 2 sets of rotors already so im looking to find a better set up with out going crazy. There is so many rotors out there..

I have a 2000 F-250 4'' lift 35" tires, AEM Intake, MBRP dual exhaust, Big hoss chip.

Thanks in advance for any info

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
WELCOME TO ORG! ! ! I get brakes for my truck from NAPA Autoparts I get the Premium Rotors and Ceramic Pads and have lasted very well hardly any brake dust and quiet and stop my 40 inch tires just fine

·
Registered
44 Posts
I too am using the NAPA ceramic pads and their rotors (I replaced all four and did pads for $300 or so)

·
Registered
555 Posts
what about the cryo power slot rotors and hawk pads??? would the cryo rotors be good for a northern truck that sees a lot of salt and such??

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
what about the cryo power slot rotors and hawk pads??? would the cryo rotors be good for a northern truck that sees a lot of salt and such??
Power Slots are very good and so are the Hawk Pads I went the Napa route because their stuff has always worked well for me and they had the stuff in stock.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Power Slots are very good and so are the Hawk Pads I went the Napa route because their stuff has always worked well for me and they had the stuff in stock.
Are they WAY cheaper? What do you think or have heard the difference in longevity between the powerslot/ hawk combo and the napa ceramic/napa rotors would be?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
+2 for cryo. good stuff

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Are they WAY cheaper? What do you think or have heard the difference in longevity between the powerslot/ hawk combo and the napa ceramic/napa rotors would be?
I believe the Pads are pretty close in price yet the rotors are 50% or better more expensive but are a much higher grade metal and are slotted for cooling it really just depends on your needs and how quick you need them to decide between the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts