Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 F350 SRW Ext Cab...I've got a lot of stuff sorted on this truck...6.4 starter, glow plugs, oil cooler, STC fitting, lock out hubs, rear brakes and today front brakes.
When I was doing the left front pads, I noticed a lot of slop in the axle shaft. We plan a trip to Yellowknife, NWT, Canada early Oct and I'd like to have 4 wheel drive for that trip. I'll probably only have the truck another year.
What should I do? Have a shop rebuild the front axle? Buy a used front axle? Suggestions?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me word this differently...what would it cost me to have a shop do front axle bearings, seals and U joints?

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
I'd say you're looking at ~$1500-$2000 depending on what brand parts they use. Agree with @colesalisbury01 - if they're in there that far, won't take them long to change the ball joints as well. Plus, when/if they do fail, you are (or whoever you have do the work) gonna have to pull everything back out again that you're getting ready to do now.

-jokester

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A local shop wants $2400 without the ball joints. There's another shop I'd like to try be also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts