Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find any service info on the front knuckle assembly. I was doing a front brake job on my truck (02 F250sd 4x4) and when I was trying to remove the rotor I was turning the wheel hub and heard some grinding.So I removed the front hub from the knuckle and spun it it was smooth.Looking into the knuckle I found what I think was the problem.The big seal in there was all tore up and completely wasted. I am just wanting to know how it all goes back together so it is done right the first time. I did some searching and only found that it takes a special tool to reinstall the seal. I am just looking for like an exploded view or sevice manuel for this Thanks Mike.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i never used a special tool to reinstall it but there are a couple seals in thier, i used a piece of pipe or a huge socket to drive them in, as far as assembly goes you might have to look at the other side to make sure every thing goes back together in order, if you dont install it right your vacume assist hubs wont work and you have to manually lock in your hubs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts