Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks
Replacing. My front hubs on my 2000 F350 4wd. How do I identify 4 wheel abs. All retailers on line list both as options. Also what brand everyone suggest? SKF, Kryptonite, Mevotech?

·
Premium Member
2004 F250 SD 6.0
754 Posts
I had to use the top tier Napa brand the other day. Turns out it is repackaged SFK with a repackaged price. Hopefully the quality is there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Timken is best IMO buy from a retailer who gives lifetime warranty like carparts . com
look for ABS connectors at the bearings up front
it is not a true 4 wheel abs untill much later like 2012
Gotcha, yup fronts have electrical connector and coarse thread. Would i be looking at Timken part# 515020 or 515021?

·
Administrator
34,300 Posts

·
Registered
2013 F350 Long Bed 4x4 Lariat
143 Posts
Don't get Mevotech I just installed a set from Rock Auto last weekend and they came with the wrong thread pitch and length on the studs and one of the ABS sensors was cut in half.
Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Engineering Auto part

Hand Automotive tire Finger Coil Thumb

·
Premium Member
2004 F250 SD 6.0
754 Posts
That’s a part that returned after an attempted install. The original installer cut the abs wire because they were installing on a pre-abs truck. They likely also realized the thread pitch was wrong… after cutting the abs wire. 🤦

Reactions: Hydro

·
Registered
143 Posts
That’s a part that returned after an attempted install. The original installer cut the abs wire because they were installing on a pre-abs truck. They likely also realized the thread pitch was wrong… after cutting the abs wire. 🤦
This was for a 2013, when I had my 02 F250 I had read that some of them had coarse vs fine thread pitch but didn't think it applied to the newer super duty's. I ended up just splicing the wires back with some waterproof butt connectors and pressing the studs out of all 4 hubs and pressing the old ones into the new hub. Not a super big deal but pissed me off as I was on the home stretch of my weekend front end rebuild and was just about over it at that point.
Electrical wiring Finger Gadget Electrician Engineering

·
Registered
580 Posts
This was for a 2013, when I had my 02 F250 I had read that some of them had coarse vs fine thread pitch but didn't think it applied to the newer super duty's. I ended up just splicing the wires back with some waterproof butt connectors and pressing the studs out of all 4 hubs and pressing the old ones into the new hub. Not a super big deal but pissed me off as I was on the home stretch of my weekend front end rebuild and was just about over it at that point. View attachment 784424
next time, get marine crimps where the insulation is shrink-wrap with a melting adhesive inside that seals around the wires (not all shrink wrap does this, just the marine kind). use a heat gun (or hair dryer) to shrink them evenly, they bond to the wires and form a water tight seal. if you drive in the winter, I bet those crimps won't last 3 years.

·
Registered
143 Posts
next time, get marine crimps where the insulation is shrink-wrap with a melting adhesive inside that seals around the wires (not all shrink wrap does this, just the marine kind). use a heat gun (or hair dryer) to shrink them evenly, they bond to the wires and form a water tight seal. if you drive in the winter, I bet those crimps won't last 3 years.
These were, this was prior to putting the torch to them. I wrapped them up in tape as well for good measure and saved my old ones just I’m case I end up having an issue with these.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts