Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished installing new motor today ready to light it, the only problem is--------NO INJECTORS. I sent them back for flow testing after melt down 2 weeks ago and still no word on them. Soooooooo we wait:dunno:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Dayum, your turn around was QUICK!

Did you get any other performance parts with it?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just the rods and headstuds Oh and a new oil pan I wound up getting from the dealer because they had it in stock and I was in a hurry. I paid an arm and a leg for it. Thanks for making yours available Marty, but I was in a yank to get going. Now it looks like it won't be until middle of next week before I get my sticks:dunno:.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is your truck running?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
like a bat, from where the devil lives LOL.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Is this the one I seen just a short while ago with massive carnage that was still able to drive it on the trailer?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine or Maintains?
Mine wasn't going anywhere by itself and the carnage was pretty impressive in a sadistic sort of way and that was with AC injectors. If I can I'll post some pictures of the pieces.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have seen one recently that had some massive carnage. Ithink at least two broke rods and the guy was still able to drive it on the trailer. It sounded REAL bad and I was kinda awestruck to see the pieces and that thing still ran. I thought it might have been this one. Guess it was a different forum. Congrats on getting it back together. Mine should be ready hopefully tomorrow night, tranny the next.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finished installing new motor today ready to light it, the only problem is--------NO INJECTORS. I sent them back for flow testing after melt down 2 weeks ago and still no word on them. Soooooooo we wait:dunno:
and waaaait:(

·
Registered
447 Posts
Don't feel like the lone ranger on the wait. The guy doing the machine work called me this morning and said I need new valves. So I spent all day driving all over Gods creation and fighting loads of traffic getting parts. And now, neither the tranny or the motor is done. So I too will have to wait.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't feel like the lone ranger on the wait. The guy doing the machine work called me this morning and said I need new valves. So I spent all day driving all over Gods creation and fighting loads of traffic getting parts. And now, neither the tranny or the motor is done. So I too will have to wait.
I feel your pain, mine is DONE and I'm waitng for the spark plugs? Soooooooooooo close but I can't get there from here.:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Mind me asking what happened to yours in the first place? PMRs??

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mind me asking what happened to yours in the first place? PMRs??
No
I installed new injectors. Stage II's from DDP because I was concerned about the PMR'S. They wouldn't run with the first chip Jody sent me so he backed way off on the fuel on the second one, it ran better but it still wasn't right, it would load up sometimes and smoke real bad. I had the injectors in 10 days and one night I was coming home and I got on it for a second and it sounded like an IED went off under my hood there was shrapnel flying everywhere you could here it on the firewall and under floorboards it dented my trans cover and knocked a hole in my fuel tank shroud. I lost 2 rods one I found in the gutter on one side of the street and I found a wrist pin in the gutter on the other side. I have some pictures in my garage of some of the pieces.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool. Well thats one more truck that I know not to challange.
Are you local if so where. I'm wanting to get 8-10 7.3 owners together and schedule a time with Jody to come out and do some live tuning. Pm me if you're interested and anybody else that might be. Let me know and I'll set something up:thumb:

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Are you local if so where. I'm wanting to get 8-10 7.3 owners together and schedule a time with Jody to come out and do some live tuning. Pm me if you're interested and anybody else that might be. Let me know and I'll set something up:thumb:
I'm in south Orange County but I have a 6.0.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
RedMule - that's my buddy Kenny aka BOGGERR who helped me with the valve springs and headstuds :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and waaaait:(
It's getting closer DDP called today and said there in the mail and I got the tracking number will be here on the 8th.:clap:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts