Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Wow so today i was performing a manual contribution test on my 2002 f350 and when cutting cylinder 7 the truck died and wouldnt start,,,, swapped in another idm and truck fired up!!! Has anyone ever had this happen to them or ever heard of this ever??? Spoke to the guys at swamps for about 40mins and theyre shipping out one of their idm's monday morning,, **** like this only happens to me lol!!!

Registered
are you getting one of there modded idms or another stock one?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
are you getting one of there modded idms or another stock one?
Mod'd!!! Now i need to figure out why it fried while testing my injectors,,, been having issues with the truck since i did the swamps 200/30's and swamps tune.. Maybe the problem all this time was a weak idm or injector #7 is cuasing the problem but not sure yet!!

Banned
Good call on the modded IDM.... although I've never heard of a idm frying while doing a cont. test :confused:

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Good call on the modded IDM.... although I've never heard of a idm frying while doing a cont. test :confused:
Yeah i was told that its either a bad injector or my idm was on its way out already but who knows,, getting the swamps idm this week and running a few tests to see if i can figure something out!!

Banned
Good thinking. Report back how you like that IDM... I'm curious to know your review of it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Good thinking. Report back how you like that IDM... I'm curious to know your review of it.
Well i will but truck has been having issues and not running rite since i did new injectors, tune and other mods and has been randomly dieing so i think its an injector problem but again will test once new idm is in!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts