Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2015 6.7 and 2 weeks into a fresh delete. Runs great, even gained some gas mileage but this is the first time its did this on my truck, 88,800 miles on her, is it a delete thing?

I've seen fellas post concerns about it but I've never had the issue until now or noticed it?

I was setting thru a drive thru today when I noticed some whitish smoke puffs come out under the hood at times, going with the wind.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Eh, read a lot if searches, appears to be a normal thing once deleted

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Some call it blow by....While it can be an issue, I read that the blow by is higher at idle compared to when driving. I never saw that but then I run a CCV deelleete as well.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
If it's enough to blow your cap off if it's upside down on it, I'd be worried. Every motor is going to have a little blow by on it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Some call it blow by....While it can be an issue, I read that the blow by is higher at idle compared to when driving. I never saw that but then I run a CCV deelleete as well.
I would think that the rings would seat better under boost. So, yeah, definitely more.

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking last night, shouldn't do that I know.

For education purposes for me, I'll ask this here because I don't find an answer to it, plus this exact question either.

I know my truck very well, had it new with like 12 miles or something on it when I got it. So the truck has never done this purchased new and up to keeping the EGR/DPF on as of 2 weeks ago.

So if this is a ring issue blow by, why would deleting it make it show up?

why now? I'm of the impression my engine just gained 200,000 extra miles for some reason? on top of my 88,800 miles I have.

and another thing, it runs good, starts good, gained fuel mileage, a bad ring seal doesn't go along with this in my opinion?

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
I've never heard a motor should not have any blow by, it's just more prevalent at idle. I think it's more an issue since people just don't understand what they are seeing so they use old school thoughts to say there's a problem.

This kind of thing has existed in motors for a VERY long time. If it was such a problem, then engineering would have solved it LONG ago.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I've never heard a motor should not have any blow by, it's just more prevalent at idle. I think it's more an issue since people just don't understand what they are seeing so they use old school thoughts to say there's a problem.

This kind of thing has existed in motors for a VERY long time. If it was such a problem, then engineering would have solved it LONG ago.
I can remember my pop pulling up in his rig back on his semi days and seeing smoke come off those big b!tches. So I have seen it and have seen guys post concerns on it, I guess I'm just stuck on the side of why it just started, thats what intrigues me wanting to know why, almost like I don't believe it is a ring issue???

anyways, no harm it seems, even tho it feels uncomfortable to me,
I don't expect to not react to seeing smoke coming out my hood lol I don't think I'll ever say, naw don't worry on it.

I guess I may re consider doing that CCV delete, maybe that will calm it down. Makes sense to vent out than into right?

I will also throw in another odd timing, I started using HotShots EDT 2 days after the delete, 2 tanks have been thru so far.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My unofficial answer as to "why" you see it now after deleted, is the lack of pressure provided from the DPF. Since you have a free flowing exhaust and no restrictions in it, you essentially opened it up.

Reactions: twood71

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It appears not to use a catch can along with the oem filter being ive lost weight?

Use the hose instead.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was thinking last night, shouldn't do that I know.

For education purposes for me, I'll ask this here because I don't find an answer to it, plus this exact question either.

I know my truck very well, had it new with like 12 miles or something on it when I got it. So the truck has never done this purchased new and up to keeping the EGR/DPF on as of 2 weeks ago.

So if this is a ring issue blow by, why would deleting it make it show up?

why now? I'm of the impression my engine just gained 200,000 extra miles for some reason? on top of my 88,800 miles I have.

and another thing, it runs good, starts good, gained fuel mileage, a bad ring seal doesn't go along with this in my opinion?
You may want to check the down pipe between the firewall, there is a tubing connection that is prone to vibrate loose. Once loose, it allows fumes to rise up in the engine bay at idle.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts