Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mods are free to do to a 6.0 liter diesel or relatively cheap.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Zoodad, fog light, high idle, ccv reroute, to name a few. Nothing thats really gonna get you super HP gains, but some good mods none the less.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really do not want huge HP yet. I wanna take care of the early 6.0 Weaknesses first. such as.

Headstuds and gaskets.

EGR Delete. when I get the studs done EGR is going by by.

then a nice set of tranny boost and pyro guages.

then SCT tunes. then save my pennys and get a full on race transmission

then the engine is gonna be torn down and everything is getting replaced with FORGED internals heads will be machined at ELITE diesel. while everything is torn apart some big sticks are going in with a upgrade fuel system and some compounds that will sit underneith my cowl hood but hey one thing at a time. :woot:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Right on! It sounds like you are on the path to empty pockets like the rest of us,,,, lol. The list never ends.....

·
Registered
786 Posts
Right on! It sounds like you are on the path to empty pockets like the rest of us,,,, lol. The list never ends.....
Thats why hes wondering about the free mods lol.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah....

sniff....

My cash is gonna leave my ***....

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
With a .69 freeze plugg and a welder you can elimanate the exhaust from entering the egr cooler. A sawzaw and you cane create your own zoodad.(just cut it all out) You can also pull out the egr valve and weld it shut. You can chop your resanator and muff and make a straight pipe. You can do all these and it will only cost you .69 and some time.

·
Registered
202 Posts
1/2 Banjo mod. With a replacement bolt with the valve already removed and the bolt radiused, it only takes about 5 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts