Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve been collecting some waste fluids like atf, some used motor oils (10w30 and 15w40) I’ve probably got only 50 gallons but I want to start setting up the truck to run alternate fuels because I have a line on some veg that I haven’t gotten around to picking up yet.

So the question
Does anyone make a frame mounted aux tank?

The only tanks I see out there are in-bed tanks and I have a short bed so if I got a 100 or 150 gallon tank with the L shape I could put a toolbox on it but then I lose a lot of real estate for other stuff I don’t need like quads or parts or whatever. If you have a v3 setup with any kind of tank show some pics and let me know if you like it, what you would change etc let’s hear it all. I want to be able to travel some distance so 50 gallons under the truck would be minimum. I can carry spare fuel in 5 gallon cubes if on a trip or something but I only need 25 gallons tops for my weekly driving

I’ll take what I can get so my drawing board currently looks like this.....

Ultimate force centrifuge filling 5 gallon cubes for storage. 55 gallon drum coming soon
I’ll be dumping 5 gallon cubes or running the centrifuged oil directly into a 100-150 gallon l shaped tank in the bed where - heat exchanger heats oil and the v3 system will feed the 6literbeater

I’ll be burning these fuels like I said earlier....
Oil
ATF
WVO
WVO

That’s my current plan. I want a tank under the truck out of sight out of mind but I’m not terribly picky..... save $ is number 1 so I’ll be happy if I eliminate my 50$ fuel bill weekly average and drop the bill for the Florida trip I take at least once a year

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I dont understand the question, i think im missing something. Why not run the stock tank? Is it because of capacity? If so why not get a titan tank?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you use alternative fuels you need a 2 tank setup. 1 carries diesel and the other carries the alternate fuel. The truck has to start and stop on diesel, but when the truck is at operating temperature a switch kicks over to the alternate fuel tank and runs that. When you shut the truck off it automatically purges the system of veg, oil, atf etc and the diesel is what sits in the lines so the truck has no issues with starting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts