·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly is the fpr screen?

·
Registered
294 Posts
the fuel pressure regulator screen on the fpr, gets clogged and there are a few threads on this, do a search you'll see it, most likely needs to be cleaned as well, if i'm not mistaken 17mm bolt on the side of the fpr pop it out make sure you got a rag under there so you dont lose anything in the valley, clean it with some brake cleaner and a toothpick reinstall good to go

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
you have to remove the 2 10mm bolts on the driverside of the fuel bowl to get to it not the 17mm bolt

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you clean it? Do you drain the bowl?

·
Registered
294 Posts
i cleaned mine with a tooth pick and carb cleaner

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have to drain the fuel bowl before you.pull it apart?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Drain the fuel bowl. Pull the 2-10mm bolts. When you're pulling it apart be very careful not to drop the o ring or the screen into the valley. Unless of course you want a lesson in fuel bowl removal to retrieve them :)
It's not so bad really. On my old bowl the screen wouldn't come off and I just blasted it w brake cleaner (wear eye protection!) . It's a ten minute job. Don't over tighten the bolts upon reassembly as the fpr is pretty fragile. Too loose and you're spraying diesel all over the bay.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My truck's screen isn't installed. I'm assuming the P.O. lost it at some point. Have been running without for about a year with no issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone make a aftermarket adjustable FPR housing for the obs? I have seen one for the SD FPR. Thank you guys for the info, it always helps to here first hand and not have to search for hours for something!

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Does anyone make a aftermarket adjustable FPR housing for the obs? I have seen one for the SD FPR. Thank you guys for the info, it always helps to here first hand and not have to search for hours for something!
No. You can shim it, but thats it. Only way to really get an adjustable regulator is to delete the factory fuel bowl/FPR and do your own, like e-fuel.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drain the fuel bowl. Pull the 2-10mm bolts. When you're pulling it apart be very careful not to drop the o ring or the screen into the valley. Unless of course you want a lesson in fuel bowl removal to retrieve them :)
Almost dropped it but caught it. took about 5 mins to get it out of the awkward position i caught it in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts