Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Hate stupid people
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to soften up the ride on my 07.5 ram going to get away from cheap ranchos that I've been running for awhile.
anyone have experience with the 2.0s from Fox on a lifted truck?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know some guys who have Fox shocks on their trucks and they seem to be happy. I have Bilsteins and I'm very pleased with them also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had fox shocks on my raptor and loved them. Have them on my superduty too. They were on the truck when I bought it.

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
If it wasn’t $400ish for a set for my 1999 I would have already got them lol...

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I don't want to derail this thread completely, but I jave some questions for those that have gone with the 2.0 or with a remote resi shock.
I found that the Bilstein 5160 and the 2.0/ remote resi do not have the little booties. Yes, I know, lots of discussion on that but... The rear passenger side shock on the SD is on the leading edge of the axle. Basically a prime target for road rash. You still running with no boot/ roost shield? I see 2,0 with a shield but it looks like the reservoir would be in the way with a roost shield. On the Jeep, I have boots all around. Every so often I slide them down and clean the shaft. Never much on it as the sweeper seal does its job. I am just OCD.
I figure the fronts and the rear driver side are relatively protected. That rear passenger side.....
Just looking for some input. I'm wanting to go ahead and get shocks before I go and level the truck.

·
Super Moderator
9,223 Posts
Anything that is exposed to the potential roadway hazards can be left "dinged" up. One would think with all the dust/sand/dirt/stones hitting the front of vehicles, the vehicle would be beat to death.....yet there's no real damage. Even the wheel well lips are not chewed up...hmmmmmm. Sure we all get a stone chip or two to the hood/bumper or the well edge but that's about it. Very few people will get a front end "sandblasted" or "stone chipped" to the point where it's severe.

I wouldn't worry about it, and don't since I run the Bilstein 5160's on the rear. Could you fab up a small "roost guard"....sure. Some thin plastic (think 3 ring binder divider) and a hose clamp. One step further for thicker plastic you could use a heat gun to shape the piece, use a stainless steel screw to hold the clamp, then wrap/cover the hose clamp in heat shrink.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts