Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a piece of broken plastic in my oil drain pan after I did my oil change today. I don't recall seeing it there when I started.

Any ideas as to where it might of come from, assuming it came from the engine??

Engine is purring and have had no problems with it since I bought it new (the engine that is).

I have the piece of plastic if anyone is interested in seeing it. I can post a picture I suppose.

Smith

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
pics are always nice:thumb:

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
:worthless[1]::worthless[1]:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thats what I found in my pan...

·
<-Day Of Fail now SOLD
3,393 Posts
hhhhhhuuuuummmmmmm?????????

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its about .750 long, and .250 wide, so it would fit through the drain hole.

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
CONTINUIM TRANSFUNCTIONER

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
CONTINUIM TRANSFUNCTIONER
That may be, but it could also be cylinder number 6's, exhaust valve's lounge chair. Or a piece of its lounge chair.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
thats an odd one, are you positive it wasnt there before you started?? i found a 1\2 in bolt head in one of my pans once, turns out it was just hiding

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ah yes....I've found a quite a few of these before. It came off my flux capacitor :D

Just playing man. I agree with the others above, it could have possibly been hiding in your pan. It also doesn't look like anything that could've possibly broken off into there either.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
if it would have broken off something, you gotta think about whats plastic in there. off the top of my head i cant think of anything plastic thats up in the oil pan

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
if it would have broken off something, you gotta think about whats plastic in there. off the top of my head i cant think of anything plastic thats up in the oil pan
.....:agree:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Under valve cover injector harness is plastic.
i thought someone would say that, but if it made it to the pan it should have been pulverized, right?? im still kinda new at understanding diesel engines

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would figure there is some type of plastic in the heads somewhere- a connector of some type. My next question would be is how big are the return oil galleries? Are they big enough to pass something like that?

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
I wouldn't give that thing another thought. It was probably there before you drained the oil...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts