Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I posted a week or so ago about my EGTs being higher than normal. I checked out the up pipes and didn't see any soot. I did notice my boots had oil and dirt and looked like they could use a replacement...so I order the four black boots from dieselsite. I can tell a difference, running better but still leaking....so I order the two for the intercooler (blue ones...). I swap them out (old ones are really soft and shot) and take it for a test drive...still leaking. Hmmm, okay out comes the soap and water. I notice there is a serious leak between the intake and the turbo....anyone see a problem? :doh:

and

Thanks to stroked24 I get an intake and swap it out tonight...

and

But now I'm leary to tighten the clamp...I didn't hear/feel the old one break. Father-in-law thinks the intake was cracked before and finally gave out...looking for torque specs / advise on how to proceed....

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Crank it down, the old one probably had a casting void in it.

NCH

2,850 Posts
The dieselsite boots really do work better. I have one at the turbo on my 6.0 and it won't blow off. I can't believe your intake cracked like that :crazy:.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the clamp and O-ring from ford. Could there be a different clamp I should use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts