Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving to the good ole wally world and me and my girl saw a dog just kinda wondering around so we got out to check for tags and it jumps in her car and didnt want to get out. So we took it with us and it loves to hang it head out the window. Very very nice dog. I am trying to find the owners but I doubt they wanted it becuase its skinny and got some marks on it. So im going to keep it and take care of him. O by the kayleigh my girl named him nepoleon I may have spelled that wrong but I just call him roly poly cuase he rolls a lot.:rofl::rofl:

ps: can any1 tell what kind of dog this is for sure?

·
Premium Member
13,264 Posts
I found my dog when he was a puppy and have had him for 6 years. Best dog I have had and he has been the most loyal out of all. Congrats on the new family member

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
looks like a pit to me.. or atleast part pit.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man he's really nice! He sits and does all those neat tricks. I cant really tell how old he is.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ooh! I love this dog he is so cute! Im glad y'all stopped to get him! my b/f will NEVER let me stop!looks like he has some american bulldog in there. and idk where he is getting the blue eye from but hes precious!!

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like a pit to me.. or atleast part pit.
Thats what I was thinking. DId you notice the 2 diff color eyes?

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ooh! I love this dog he is so cute! Im glad y'all stopped to get him! my b/f will NEVER let me stop!looks like he has some american bulldog in there. and idk where he is getting the blue eye from but hes precious!!

Thanks!!:nod:

·
Super Moderator
13,237 Posts
yeah i did, ive never seen a pit with a blue eye

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah me either. He's probably mixed, but it dont matter. He's got a good home now. imma fattin him up!

·
Registered
34 Posts
awwww.....what a great story...

but, get it to a vet to see if it's been chipped before you fall in love to deeply (and get it a Parvo shot to be safe!)

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah he will be goin to the vet for sure.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
He looks to have some pit in him, I agree maybe American bulldog or boxer.
Get him some wormer and some groceries! He will be a new dog.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
O yeah hes gonna be a great dog to go on walks! I havent heard him even bark yet.... friendly to everyone, but did chase 1 cat... :lol:

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats a good lookin dog anthony, definitely a skinny guy though
Yeah ima take care of that. hes got more food now then he knows what 2 do with.:rofl:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Your new dog is an American Bulldog. I would know that mug anywhere! Go google for pics if ya want!

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Ryan! is the 2 diff eyes a mix in him? or???

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I, well,my wife found a white and black mix on the side of the road. She said he was sitting right next to the road on a main street. We ran ads to see if someone lost him but no one ever claimed him so we kept him. He was real real skinny too. I already had a rott but they get along great. The small(found one) one has big cahones when the big one is right behind him.:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well actually good news in a way. The real owners came and got him. I did get attached to the dog some and it was hard, but the little kid seemed so happy when he saw him! I did tell them that it needs to eat more. So I guess it all turned out great

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I for one would have been hesitant to let the dog go back to its owner.

It either has been running loose for days with no food. Or it is neglected at home. That is the only reason why it would be that thin.

Being it was loose I would bet they neglect it.

The condition of the dog was Emanciated which is not good for any animal. First thing you should have done was take it to a vet before taking it home.

I have no problems with rescuing an animal like that. How ever you do not know if it is ill. Or has some type of infection or disease. So any time you find a dog you should either take it straight to a vet. Or contact the local Animal Control.

Most Humane Societies will do a free check on the animal. Or do it for a small donation.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts