Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

281 - 287 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
ForScan Lite PIDs not working after update

I have been using ForScan Lite to track PIDs in my 2017 F250 PSD. When I updated to the latest version 3 of them no longer work properly. I have included a screenshot. The one I'm concerned wth the most is "DIST_LAST_DPF - Distance Travelled Since Last Diesel Particulate Filter Regeneration." For some reason it resets and goes back to zero every 16 miles. However, after a regen completes, the PID "DIST_DPF_LAST_2ND - Distance Vehicle Travelled Between The Last And The Second To Last DPF Regeneration Event" shows the correct distance.
Does anyone know how to go back to the previous version of the app? (so far I've tried 2 APK mirrors that I trust but they dont keep previous versions of paid apps)
Or is there a way to edit the PID so that it reads correctly?
I have a laptop that I havent updated and all PIDs read correctly.
I have also tried OBD Fusion but I havent found out how to track the PIDs in a manner that I can save the output from a trip so it can be reviewed later. It seems to only allow a live view that cant be saved.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

20200127_041416.jpg

20200127_041530.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm sure this info is in here somewhere but I haven't seen it.... If I want to be able to configure and program functions, I need OBDlink EX with the USB adapter correct? If I'm interested in running Forscan lite on my iphone then I need a wireless OBDLink too? Or will one do both? I've been trying to figure this out the last few days when I have spare time, and it's just not clicking for me. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,496 Posts
I'm sure this info is in here somewhere but I haven't seen it.... If I want to be able to configure and program functions, I need OBDlink EX with the USB adapter correct? If I'm interested in running Forscan lite on my iphone then I need a wireless OBDLink too? Or will one do both? I've been trying to figure this out the last few days when I have spare time, and it's just not clicking for me. Any help is appreciated.
The MX or MX+ will do both on Android and PC, as long as your laptop has bluetooth. If you've got iOS them you'll need the MX+.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok! So if I buy the MX+ I'll be able to program and change functions (with my laptop) AND also use it for Forscan lite (monitoring and other minor changes with my iphone)? And unless I'm mistaken the full license is $10 so no big deal, correct?

281 - 287 of 287 Posts