Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, does anyone know the build date when they switched to PMR's? Ive got a 2000 and i wanna know what rods i have before i start gettin happy with a chip.

·
Registered
601 Posts
i think 2000 had forged rods

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i think so too, i just wanna make damn sure though. I really cant afford a new motor, and a busted rod would kill me.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
10/2000 is when the switched to PMR's, but there's a few hit and miss PMR's truck prior to that, and a few forged rods trucks after that.

What's your build date?

You can also check yourself and see which one's you have.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think mine was built in 4/2000. Is there any way i can run the VIN to find out or would i just have to look at them? If i have to look at them obviously i have to pull the oil pan, is that hard to do? and what am i looking for?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I think mine was built in 4/2000. Is there any way i can run the VIN to find out or would i just have to look at them? If i have to look at them obviously i have to pull the oil pan, is that hard to do? and what am i looking for?
I'd say more then likely you've got forged rods.

But, yeah, i'd check just to make sure, and no, you dont have to pull the oil pan.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, the only problem is they only show what PMR's look like through the hole, no pic of what forged look like.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Thanks, the only problem is they only show what PMR's look like through the hole, no pic of what forged look like.
Well, if yurs dont look like that, then you've got forged!!:thumb:

I believe the forged rods are equipped with studs and nuts instead of bolts threaded into rod

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts