Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am doing a road trip to all Western Provinces of Canada this summer. With my cell phone cost very expensive for out of the US use, I'm wanting to use the Ford GPS system. I have a 2015 King Ranch Powerstroke and my question is: Does the Ford GPS Mapping system have the Canadian road system?

Thanks

My model is King Ranch

·
Registered
43 Posts
We still have our Garmin

We've used all 3 at once

The Garmin is our go to.

The phone loses service at inopportune times.

We like Garmin better than any in dash we have used.

They work best when using both or all 3.

We always lost phone service shortly after entering Canada I

·
Premium Member
12,354 Posts
Get the updated mapping SD card. Make sure it will cover Canada before you buy it. I've tracked my "mapping" devices running a cell phone using Google Maps, and the Ford Sync mapping at the same time. Both devices were easily used and worked to get me to the location. Sure Google is more "real time" with traffic data, but the directional information wasn't much different than the Ford Sync Mapping.

With all that said there's never a reason to not have a back up. Garmin dash devices would be a top choice for me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am doing a road trip to all Western Provinces of Canada this summer. With my cell phone cost very expensive for out of the US use, I'm wanting to use the Ford GPS system.
Depending on your known route and space available on your phone, you could download several offline google "tiles" (sections of maps). See Google's info here Download areas & navigate offline - Android - Google Maps Help You could then turn on data once in a while if you needed to re-route or look at traffic options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts