Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the v10 in my 2016 Motorhome and the battery (almost 3 years old) began slowly dropping in voltage over the last two weeks. Yesterday it wouldn’t crank and showed (<5V). Then today, it cranked right up.
My Blue Driver OBD scan showed code B1352 Ignition Key in Circuit Fault. Can this cause battery drainage? Appreciate comments.

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Hello,

I'm guessing you charged the battery between the time the engine wouldn't crank and when it fired right up?

Code B1352 indicates there's a problem with the "ignition-key-in circuit". The circuit works like this:

-When you insert your key, the key-in-ignition switch closes and sends a ground signal to the instrument cluster.
-The instrument cluster then sounds the key-in-ignition warning chime if it sees the key in the ignition and also receives a door ajar signal.

I would say it's unlikely that an issue with the ignition-key-in circuit is causing your battery to go dead. You're probably just dealing with a battery that's at the end of its life and code B1352 is a separate issue (or possibly the dead battery caused the code, who knows). I would charge the battery and load test it.

In any case, if the battery tests good, you can check for a drain by performing a parasitic draw test with an ammeter in series with the negative battery cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the info. As the battery was at the end of its 3 year life, I replaced it yesterday. I will monitor closely now.

Hello,

I'm guessing you charged the battery between the time the engine wouldn't crank and when it fired right up?

Code B1352 indicates there's a problem with the "ignition-key-in circuit". The circuit works like this:

-When you insert your key, the key-in-ignition switch closes and sends a ground signal to the instrument cluster.
-The instrument cluster then sounds the key-in-ignition warning chime if it sees the key in the ignition and also receives a door ajar signal.

I would say it's unlikely that an issue with the ignition-key-in circuit is causing your battery to go dead. You're probably just dealing with a battery that's at the end of its life and code B1352 is a separate issue (or possibly the dead battery caused the code, who knows). I would charge the battery and load test it.

In any case, if the battery tests good, you can check for a drain by performing a parasitic draw test with an ammeter in series with the negative battery cable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank a lot for the helpful info. I replaced the battery yesterday and will monitor now.

Hello,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts