Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading somewhere, but now can't find the information, that Ford is going to be releasing a tune for the 6.4 to help with better mileage. Can anyone confirm this for me. I know that I read it and just can't find the thread anymore. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I remeber reading it but I think it was in Diesel Power mag or one of those.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
I believe that thread was over at the other website, just saw it again a moment ago.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that thread was over at the other website, just saw it again a moment ago.
Other website? I only belong to this one.

·
I wanna go fast!
632 Posts
There is an update, it was released april 11th will post the software number on monday.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was talking to some Int. Harv. engeniers from the Indianapolis plant yesterday and they said ford does have a new download for the 6.4 They said the dealers should have the new program. My truck is a job 1 and has not had any changes. I'm going to call the dealership next week.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Anybody know if this tune will have any effect on the ability to tune the truck with a KEM/Spartan or SCT tuner? I assume it will give the truck a new stratagy and therefore will require a new tune. I don't want to update if ford has done something to block out tuners or maybe make turning off the regen different.

·
Registered
118 Posts
All of this is news to me. My truck is going in for a few minor service items next Monday. Is there anything I should tell them to check or ask that they do? Computer updated, etc? Or is this just something they'd do anyway?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I called my local Dealership (Reliance Ford in La Porte, Tx.) and he had no idea what I was talking about or he was lying so he would not have another freebie to deal with. If any of you guys have the update number, please post it or if you know what the update is supposed to benefit.

Thanks,
Joey

·
Registered
68 Posts
My dealership reprogramed my transmission shifts saying that the update would give me better economy. I lost 1.5-2.0 MPG's. That was about 2 months ago. Is this going to be another ordeal like that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts