Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ford head unit

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looking for the ford sync navigation radio the upgraded option that ford had to offer. I went to ford and the parts dealer wants $3,000 for it. I currently have the voice turn by turn version with no screen display, looking for the one with the screen display.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can get the unit from a 2010 F250 and its the same unit as the 2011
I was told that from a company called united radio who my dealer says handles all fords radios for the north eastern region of the USA. but when I look at the ones on E bay they seem different, as to not having a button on the right side of the radio with a phone printed on it and the on off / volume control does not have a printed sign on it where as the one in the 2011 ford brochure has one . I'm also being told that these have to be specific to the trucks vin # if they were not factory installed. because of some wiring harness up grade. dealer wants close to $3000.00 for the change.(which is bull sh--). I see them on e-bay for around $400.00 for the 2009-2010 model years. which makes me think they might be different. any information would be appreciated. Thanks BOB.:dunno:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Needs a amp harness, dif. steering switch, antenna splitter harness and power amplifier. Someone is selling the entire kit for about $1800. Including directions on how to split the mic into the radio.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ford OEM Navigation - eBay (item 110648689603 end time Feb-20-11 05:54:26 PST)

I am selling this one from my 2011 F-250. You could possibly get it for $750 if your the only bidder. I tried it in my truck, but decided on a Pioneer unit instead. It COULD work in your truck. First post on here as well. Nice site. It is the add on type as well. It will take your stock OEM radio and it has the parts to convert to the NAV style minus the steering wheel control. Your parts department can get that for you.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Anyone know of any others? Dealer wanted over $3,000 for the factory nav to be added to the truck. They suggested a Pioneer for $2300 or a Visteon that will integrate with Sync, the bluetooth and basically work like the factory nav & be covered under warranty for $2200.

Trying to figure out what to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts