Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Quick question. Will this device and software, program devices? Can I use it to adjust and reprogram PCM, or GEM? Like using the VCM2 device from Mazda, rotunda, ford.
nope they only read paramiters and codes etc. You will need a chip or flash programmer from the tuning companies:

typical flash programmers-not usually recommended for 7.3l:

edge, superchips, bullydog, diablo sport, banks, SCTFlash

typicical chips:

php hydra, dp-tuner, ts 6 pos chip, bullydog, edge revolver, banks

chips allow on the fly changes to the pcm program while flash programmers download your ecm onto the programmer and upload new files to your ecm so it takes a while to change tunes. hence why most go to the chips. mainly hydra and dp-tuner now a days.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I believe you can use it to adjust your tire size. On the newer trucks you can change all sorts of crap.

Reactions: cbneilson

·
Registered
479 Posts
So i just got Forscan on my laptop connected to the vehicle. Wow. Lots of info here. So what shoud I be monitoring for real time readings- pcm, elc, gem .....
Also I do not see turbo boost on the list, is it called something else? Absolute manifold pressure. Any advice please.
Can someone supply a good list of things to monitor?
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. Thank you for your post. Do these run on iPhones? Where can I get an adaptor today? So as not to wait for shipping?

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Hello. Thank you for your post. Do these run on iPhones? Where can I get an adaptor today? So as not to wait for shipping?
If you read the first page it explains what can be run on phones/tablets versus pcs vs one or the other. I would use an old laptop and download forscan personally.... go to forscan.org and download and run the software. to get a usb to obdII adapter today might be difficult. you would have to find a specialized automotive or electronics store like Frys, radioshack, bestbuy POSSIBLY autozone/ o riley/ napa but I have doubts about them.

·
Registered
461 Posts
When I run the carguage tests (cct) the truck shuts off. The keor tests never complete. Maybe there is a procedure?

I use torque to monitor and CGPro for tests and I have the mx adapter. I can connect and when I run the tests Koer the idle goes up but nothing else happens. Cct just shuts truck off.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
If you read the first page it explains what can be run on phones/tablets versus pcs vs one or the other. I would use an old laptop and download forscan personally.... go to forscan.org and download and run the software. to get a usb to obdII adapter today might be difficult. you would have to find a specialized automotive or electronics store like Frys, radioshack, bestbuy POSSIBLY autozone/ o riley/ napa but I have doubts about them.

Sorry, just noticed this. Was looking for the bluetooth obdii reader he was using. The first page mentions only pc/laptop or android devices. He goes on to mention that he doesn't own any Apple products so can't answer that question. However, Forscan Lite & Torque Pro are both offered in Apple's App Store, so I assume you can pair them with a bluetooth obdii reader that will connect to an iphone or ipad and proceed as on the first page.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts