Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how well are the Ford replaced head studs working? By the time I found out they were replacing gaskets, studs and coolers the truck was back togehter and was not able to ask about alternate studs.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
I'm pretty sure they are the same as before with newer gaskets. Someone else will be along shortly who knows for sure.

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Thats what i thought too. They put in a thicker gasket to compensate for stretching.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
that stinks dude, I would imagine they are the same. crappy studs. I talked to my dealer before they even touched my truck

·
Registered
214 Posts
The factory bolts should hold OK w/ the new "updated gaskets" unless you really push up the hp/tq. Hopefully they checked the heads for tolerance because that can quite often be the real cause, as much as stretching the bolts.:thumb:

Good luck and here's to "No Puking":stump:

Stay Tuned
Amp

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Good deal. It sounds like they know what they are doing since those are the common failure points on the 6.0L.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I haven't heard of anything about ford using "studs" when putting a motor back together. Is this something new??? Factory Ford studs?

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
ok cool thanks chris.

·
Registered
214 Posts
They also replaced the heads, both coolers and EGR valve.
Razzle,
You should be good-to-go!:thumb: Sounds like your tech is on the up and up to have done all that. These failures often exhibit symptoms that the dealers like to "band-aid" instead of fix. Many times they replace an EGR cooler and shortly thereafter your truck is back in puking again due to a failed oil cooler. They'll torque down new Ford bolts and gaskets w/out ever addressing the heads themselves, etc.

Take your tech a tip (or a case of his favorite suds!) and be thankful as it souds like you found a good one. :thumb:

Stay Tuned
Amp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts