Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 FORD POWERSTROKE 6.0
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Powerstroke Members. I've been in these forums for a while now but never registered until today. I appreciate all the help you have given to us members. Your help has helped me fixed my truck a couple times already. I much appreciate it. I have a question for you guys out there. Do you happen to know the torque spec for the nut/bolt that holds in the earmuffs for the spool valve assembly...the small bolt that's has 2 nuts on it. I have read different specs and thought I'd ask you since you have great resources. I have my injectors out and just re did all the rings on them and new copper washer and thought before I put them in to maybe clean up the spool valves since I have them out. Don't know if I should or just leave them alone as I don't want any problems in the future from misfires etc that I read about when people take them apart. Let me know your feedback please. Also, is any Loctite recommended on the nuts? If so, which Loctite? Thank you.

-Steve
2005 Powerstroke 6.0

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
I've never played with them and kind of suspect of the torque values - stories of them not working after or finding nuts falling off. So if I were going to do this, I'd use an oily surface paint marker to index each nut to the bolt head, individually for each injector. Rotate to the stretch or dimension between the head and the nut when reinstalling. You also could mark the index, back-off, then retighten to the index to record the torque value. But if it has dried Loctite on it, the values can be off.

I'd probably use 222MS purple Loctite, but not really opposed to using something stronger with the expectation of never screwing with this again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ToomanyToys. I have been trying to respond to you since the day you posted it, but it would let me log in to my acct. I sent a support request and they resolved it for me. Much appreciated for the response and advice. 👍👍👍🙏🥂

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
Might be too late but here is a thread about what youre talking about.

I did this myself and have 60k on them with no issues. Would barely run till it was hot before cleaning them. They won't take much torque before breaking, given as small as the bolts are. I didn't torque them, just tried to match effort from taking them off. Snug enough, lol.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be too late but here is a thread about what youre talking about.

I did this myself and have 60k on them with no issues. Would barely run till it was hot before cleaning them. They won't take much torque before breaking, given as small as the bolts are. I didn't torque them, just tried to match effort from taking them off. Snug enough, lol.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Thanks Flammed99- I already did it and put back together but haven't fired her up since I'm in the engine doing other work as well. I tried to click the link but it's a dead end...dosent open it and says page not found.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts