Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. little backround info for you. i have a jvc in dash double din dvd player that i installed last year. it feeds into a video amplifier which goes to the 2 screens in the headrests. well, since i have installed the screens, they have had noise (lines) on them and the picture jumps around only when the truck is running. ok. now, i have done every test that i can think of and have narrowed it down to the actual headunit putting out noise out the video signal wire.
my question is, does anyone have a similar set-up with screens in the headrest and a dvd player in the in dash spot? and what brand dvd player do you have and also wanting to know if you have any problems with lines and stuff in your rear screens? i want to see if maybe there is interference coming from my actual truck feeding into the dvd player.
if anyone else has anything to add, please feel free as i am going insane trying to diagnose this.:tard:

thank you
clarence

·
Registered
295 Posts
you may need a ground loop isolator. My old system got nothing but static and i couldnt listen to anything. If you can get to Best buy, Circuit City, or another car electronics store they can get you one, it installs inline of your video cable. You can also check the settings on the video amplifier, there should be 2 different dials that are adjustable to dial in the image. Good luck

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to avoid any ground loop from happening, i grounded everything that is associated with the stereo to a factory grounding lug under the dash. plus i grounded the negative signal of the video signal to the same point. still didnt help. that is the purpose of a ground loop isolator is if you have your grounds located at different spots on the vehicle, they can be at a different potential than each other if the ground is not good enough.
sorry not tryiing to lash back at you or anything and thanks for the reply. but a ground loop isolator is a cover up for an underlying issue.
thanks and keep the replies coming.
clarence

·
Registered
295 Posts
:thumb: Well its good to know what the isolator is for, I was never sure why someone would need it. Is there a possibility that the Video amp could be bad?

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is where i am at now. i wish that i had another in dash dvd player to try as i think you are right and the video processor or what ever you want to call it inside the actual unit is starting to go. i talked to another guy about it and he said that he has never seen that happen. and this guy does alot of installs. i guess that means that it couldn't happen. oh well. ill keep trying stuff till i break it with a hammer.:Shoot2:

clarence

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
my rear monitors did have a few faint lines just in one, i just found a better ground and got a video amp that could be adjusted, it went away. i used a pioneer D3 and farenheit touch monitors in the rear. sweet set up. hope this helps!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts