Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get either a Silverline or Diamond eye 5 inch turbo back exhaust with muffler. Anyone have fitment issues???

·
Registered
26 Posts
I got the 5 inch turbo back MBRP with a 6 inch tip and it went right in. I didnt have a single issue getting it lined up at all. Cant speak for the silverline and diamond but im pretty sure you wouldnt have an issue with either one of those either. I got my MBRP on sale at XDP.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I installed a 5" diamond eye with a 6" tip and it went in with no problem. I went with the turbo back with no cat with muffler. Loud enough for me.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I also have the 5" diamond TBE with muffler and a 18"X 8" tip, everything fits great. As a matter of fact I thought the downpipe went in very easily unlike alot of the horror stories I have read about.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I got the 5" diamond eye turbo back, only part that was the least bit of trouble was the down pipe. And reeley wasnt bad... Love the tone and would buy the same system again if needed. I am a bit curious if a mega cone type tip would change the tone or make it louder?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Just put 5" diamond eye on a buddies 06, went smooth. The down pipe is the toughest part of the install. Other than that tight spot, the install is straight forward and pretty easy

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How loud is the 5 inch with a muffler but no cat? Anyone have a sound clip?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I also have the 5" diamond TBE with muffler and a 18"X 8" tip, everything fits great. As a matter of fact I thought the downpipe went in very easily unlike alot of the horror stories I have read about.
Got a pic? I would like to see what the 8" tip looks like!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have the 5'' diamond eye tb and like the rest, the dp was the worst part. I had to cut the stud on the firewall and use a 2x4 and hammer to knock it past the bellows on the up pipe. It boogered the insulation up a little but didn't hurt anything else. took about 1.5hrs start to finish.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't have a sound pic but it's not super loud but still loud enough to set car alarms off. I love the sound of the turbo spooling up though. Sounds like a jet taking off. I tow a lot and didn't want it super loud and this set up is perfect. Just enough to get people attention

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have the 5'' diamond eye tb and like the rest, the dp was the worst part. I had to cut the stud on the firewall and use a 2x4 and hammer to knock it past the bellows on the up pipe. It boogered the insulation up a little but didn't hurt anything else. took about 1.5hrs start to finish.
That dont seem right.. Mine just went right in with me on the top of the motor and my buddy below. We only had to twist it around a few times and it went right in. Thats strange how some people have problems and some dont.

·
Registered
265 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts