Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Anyone here have a contact at Gearhead that they could talk to and get some more info on this??

·
Premium Member
1,100 Posts
I got a tune from him about a month ago and I don't have an EGR valve or a code ?

Ive also ran SRL+ in multiple trucks for years and its my go to tune

·
Blow me to Bermuda!
484 Posts
I spoke with them back in October regarding the EGR. I previously only had one tune from them, the SRL, but when the EPA started cracking down I wanted to get as many tunes as I could in case the availability disappeared. Now I have all of their tunes. :)

My question:

I saw in your email, the Disclaimer, that the tunes require the Emissions Equipment to be present for the tunes to work.

The previous owner had the EGR removed when it failed the first time. Am I screwed?

Their answer:

We have never offered tunes that remove emissions equipment - most end users used their older devices that had legacy EGR removal capabilities in the tuner.

Keep your EGR valve intact and plugged in, and you should be alright.

**EDIT*

I should mention that I'm using an SCT X4 tuner that I purchased in September of last year. Here is the device info that I have on it:

Device Info v1.10 b32

Device Name: X4

Device Part#: 7015P (FORD)

Serial: blah

Firmware Version: 1.1.1.5 build 67

Preloaded Tuning: Supported

Custom Tuning: Supported

Tune Revision: 1.013PFX4P

Market: US

Unlocks Left: 5

Married Status: Married

Current Flash: blah

Total Flashes: 1

Support Info: N/A

VBatt: 0.9

VB Version: 1.21 build 1

Compiled: Dec 6, 2017 16:17:07

Wifi Version: 0.0

Misc: RTC 2.433 LS 0.0298 BR 2

·
Registered
41 Posts
I am interested in this topic post. My truck still has the EGR and cooler in the truck but is not operable. This was done by the original owner back in 07 to aid in the bulletproofing process. I am too looking for a tune on my 7015 X4. I am running the canned performance tune but my fuel economy is about 16 highway no matter what driving habits are. Cold air intake, 5" flo pro exhaust, stock sized wheels. I just want a decent tune that has good fuel economy and if it has some power, sweet. I've accepted it's not a race truck lol.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am interested in this topic post. My truck still has the EGR and cooler in the truck but is not operable. This was done by the original owner back in 07 to aid in the bulletproofing process. I am too looking for a tune on my 7015 X4. I am running the canned performance tune but my fuel economy is about 16 highway no matter what driving habits are. Cold air intake, 5" flo pro exhaust, stock sized wheels. I just want a decent tune that has good fuel economy and if it has some power, sweet. I've accepted it's not a race truck lol.
I would like to know more details as well. I have an SCT X4 and recently updated it. Some tunes will clear the CEL caused by the EGR delete, some will not. I think it is ultimately up to the tuner to "hide" the EGR delete. For example, I had Gearhead's SRL Extreme a couple months back and it never threw a code. Just got a revision for shifting (after the disclaimer was posted) and it throws a P1000.

I know the newer trucks (like 6.7's with DPF's) will not let you drive the truck without EGR/DPF/SCR in place unless properly tuned for it. Sucks that the EPA has been ****ing all of the tuners and diesel performance community over.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts