Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
consolevault.com, Cool stuff!

As they advertise, it is a 5 minute install (well mine took just over an hour due to having to reroute some after market accessories and wiring). The one for the 2008 with no center seat (like my King Ranch) was not on their site as of last week (when I ordered mine). But Tom answered my email the same day I sent it asking about plans for one to fit the current trucks with no center seat. He said that production had just finished and that they were available! I ordered one and it arrived today and was installed with pictures of it an hour later :)

3 years ago my F150 got the passengers side window busted out of it while parked in the parking lot at the hotel my wife and I were spending the night in (Birmingham, AL). The fookers that did the smash and grab made off with 300 CDs, some random scooter parts, and my .45 Ruger KP90 :doh:
It happened in less than an hour of parked time. If I had had this safe back then they would have gotten some CDs and the scooter parts, but not all the CDs and not the .45!! At any rate, I feel much better about having a safe place to put things and not worry about another smash and grab!

Here are the pics

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'v never bought altoids, but they must be expensive if you must keep them in the safe?:hehe::hehe:

How much for the safe?

I have been wanting something for my piece, the only thing I don't like is the combo lock, someone with a little time could figure out the combo.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I have been a victim of someone who felt they needed my stuff more than I do. After that I refuse to leave much in my truck, especially at a hotel... Hope it works fors for you/hope you never need it...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'v never bought altoids, but they must be expensive if you must keep them in the safe?:hehe::hehe:
They are around $1,800 a tin...but they come with a customized .45 ;)

How much for the safe?
Give Tom at consolevault.com a shout. I would bet he will pass along a good deal to everyone else just like he did for me.

I have been wanting something for my piece, the only thing I don't like is the combo lock, someone with a little time could figure out the combo.
1,000 possible combos to a 3 digit lock. Time would for sure be needed without sheer luck/chance/fortune. The keyless is an upgrade, it comes standard with a keyed lock.

I have been a victim of someone who felt they needed my stuff more than I do. After that I refuse to leave much in my truck, especially at a hotel... Hope it works fors for you/hope you never need it...
That sucks for sure. I plan on keeping my windows down a bit in the summer now and just putting anything worth grabbing in the safe. If someone wants to try to get in it they had better hope I don't see them! Or else they will wish a cop had seen them and not me :rod:
If someone does break in, I would bet $ they don't make it inside the Console Vault :nana:
(I never leave much in there anyway, unless I have to!)

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
hey pressure dorp where did you get that ipod holder does it grap into the cup holder, it looks more secure than my dashboard

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks, I heard about your product on http://www.powerstroke.org/ from a guy that recently bought one from you.

Tom Duengel <[email protected]> wrote: Roland:
I will forward photos of the 03 F-350 on Monday when I get back in the
office, this model is our newest design which uses two support brackets that
mount the bolts in the bottom of your factory console and then supports the
lid assembly. It has great security, ten minute istallation and you don't
loose any space in the factory console.
Thanks
Tom
:nod:

He just wrote me back. He's all over this stuff!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
That's exactly what I've been waiting for. I've been wanting to replace my fold down console with the big center console.

Nice job :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
does the console tray still fit and work after the vault is installed?

i wrote him too, and he says that they are working on a larger vault that will fit under the back seat for long guns. hopefully it will allow for scopes.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I looked at that product when I got my concealed carry permit, but it was not available for the 2008 with center console. I bought this instead and I am extremely happy with it.

Fort Knox Pistol Safe

The top plate is almost 1/4" thick and the safe weighs about 25 pounds.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I know guys who can open a keyed lock pretty quickly. Combination is the way to go, nobody could possibly crack the combination as fast as picking a lock.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You guys ever just considered a floor safe???

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys ever just considered a floor safe???
Just in plain sight? Just in the way where my passengers feet go? Or where my cups in my cup holders go?
I considered one, but could not find one to fit anywhere without being very noticeable or very much in the way. I could not find one of any usable size that would fit in the center console either (I bought 2 and neither fit!).

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Yea, seems that a floor safe under the rear seat might be OK but certainly a pain in the butt.

I am just thinking of how your going to access it. Stand in the parking lot with the back door open and put money in or take money out of the safe.

The console safe makes a lot of sense, easy to access while secure in the vehicle, and does not draw attention.

I usually carry cash in my pocket from the bank to the office. Not near as much money sense we started using debit cards. I think this safe is a great idea.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Nope, i mean the custom ones the cut into the floor. Make them as big or small as you want. A place called AZM in MESA AZ makes them. Its sposed to be secret, you cant find it unless you know where it is or know what your looking for. Im considreing one, i needa talk to them about it.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wish I had one of those 3 months ago when my '08 got broken into, The scumbags put a screwdriver right through sheet metal under the door handle and popped the lock open. They stole my wallet and some change from my center console. I know my wallet shouldn't be in there in the first place but I forgot it when I went in the office that day. It cost me $1,200 to fix the door and then a few hundred more to replace all the stuff that was in my wallet at the time :mad:.

The install looks nice and clean and fits the console perfectly. It appears from their website the vaults cost $289 but how much did they charge you for upgrading to the combo lock?

Thanks,
Gerry

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know this is an old post but maybe this time I'll learn and get one :doh:......

I still wish I had one of those in my truck because it got hit again in the parking lot at work on Wednesday afternoon. Same deal as the first time.... They put a screwdriver right through sheet metal under the door handle and popped the lock open. This time the SOB's got my brand new Spartan Diesel DashDaq programmer from my center console.

I can not believe this has happened to me twice in 7 months and both times they got in my truck, got my chit and were gone in less then 90 seconds. If I had one of these my programmer would still be mine.

Freakin theives..... :blast2:

·
Registered
284 Posts
dang man that really sucks, im glad you brought this thread back to life though or else i would not know about these safes, i think i am going to get one

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Nice vault!!
Next thing you know these thieves will be ripping the consoles out of the floor.
Anything locked up is really for the honest imo
But does slow them down when locked

·
Registered
965 Posts
I know this is an old post but maybe this time I'll learn and get one :doh:......

I still wish I had one of those in my truck because it got hit again in the parking lot at work on Wednesday afternoon. Same deal as the first time.... They put a screwdriver right through sheet metal under the door handle and popped the lock open. This time the SOB's got my brand new Spartan Diesel DashDaq programmer from my center console.

I can not believe this has happened to me twice in 7 months and both times they got in my truck, got my chit and were gone in less then 90 seconds. If I had one of these my programmer would still be mine.

Freakin theives..... :blast2:
Take a look at this thread:

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/general-6-4l-discussion/57211-best-way-keep-thieves-out.html

A member posted this link:
Vehicle Security and Theft Prevention Devices

1 - 19 of 19 Posts