Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious, for those of you who have deleted the EGR and added studs, have you had any problems since??

Thanks

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
i was studded and still had the cooler for about a month or 2..puked like crazy.

since studs and egr delete truck has been great (knock on wood) no puking or any problems there

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how many miles since you deleted it

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
I'm not a great example, but I have lost two motors that were studded and deleted. I have a quest for high horsepower, but if you were just running a programmer and the studs and delete you should have no issues. When you do your studs, have whoever does them make sure the heads are flat, AND the block. Most of the heads end up out of whack, and I'm noticing every block I have is about 4 to 6 thousandths out.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I dont have too many performance mods and I have never had a problem.....If you are getting it done under warranty they may just give you new heads to, they did when I got mine done.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i just plan to sct tune it and thats about it,

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep thats what I said too......now I have a turbo on the way.
lmao, yea i guess it always starts out that way:hehe:

Im really just trying to make it as reliable is possible, i want this thing to run for 300k at the very least.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
i had studs and it blew HG's again. But i still had the cooler. I waited too long to remove the cooler. the Dealer has since took my ARP's out and replaced them with OEM Bolts. im gonna do everything i can to lift the heads again so i can get the studs put back in and have the heads milled and the work done right this time.
if not, i plan on doing it myself with the black onyx HG's.

as long as you make sure the heads are flat and you stud and delete the egr you shouldnt have any problems at all.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
i have mine done and egr delete and no problems what so ever. i have about 40,000kms on mine since it was done.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I have about 20k on mine since studs and EGR delete, and no problems. I run extreme street every day and have probably 6k of medium heavy towing in that total. I don't have the cooler deleted, though--just a sneaky pipe, block off plate, and EGR valve welded shut. Once the truck goes out of warranty next year, I'm gonna get rid of the cooler too.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice!!! thanks for all your replies, im glad to see that for most of you once you have deleted your EGR and added studs the 6.0 has been a very solid reliable motor. I am definitely saving to do my EGR delete and ARP studs at the same time. Did most of you use the Ford gaskets, the RCD Black Onyx gaskets, or something else?? Keep the replies coming :)

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
i used the ford ones as do most guys i would think. i have even been towing my 8000lbs camper with I.D.'s extreme street hitting 34lbs of boost while passing people repeatedly and running at about 220 coolant temp. so she was running hot!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I run the Ford gaskets also.....I have heard of guys running stock gaskets and way more boost than a stock turbo can make with no problems.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm running RCD HG's with ARP studs and FCDP EGR delete. I've had no problems whats so ever. My mechanic did nothing but say good things about the RCD HG's.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Stock Ford gaskets here. Scuffy did my studs for me, and he said the stock gaskets were very good, and he knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
im in process of egr delete, head gaskets n studs, coolant filtration system, oil cooler rebuild kit, and new glow plugs. ill let u kno. anything else i should do

1 - 19 of 19 Posts