Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I followed the flushing procedures from the site about 6000 miles ago. I then tore into the motor, changed the oil cooler, deleted the egr, and put the blue spring in. I then added the correct amount of elc an Distilled water topping off as needed until I was comfortable with the level(low mark).

Here's my problems. I was headed to the lake to work on duck blinds today and noticed some coolant under my truck. I popped the hood and noticed the bottle had sprayed some. I popped the cap and noticed foam inside. This foam could have been in the system the whole time as I haven't popped the cap just only peeked at the level. I rinsed the t total crap out of it trying to get the restore out during the flushing stage. Could this be foam from the restore? I checked the oil. Looks clean to me. Can anyone please help me trouble shoot my problems. This truck is goin to be the death of me. I hate to say it but I'm gonna end up breaking down and buying a cummins(eventhough I love fords). Here's the pic. Thanks for taking the time to read my problems

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also my temps look fine. Water and oil never really see 5 degrees difference except for when its warming up. Running temps are fine. I'm just puzzled. My dad thinks oil in water(he's engine smart but has no experience with diesels). I don't see how it could be with the cooler not clogged and being its new. Got it and all my parts at tousley

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,391 Posts
Oil in the water emulsifies and turns to pudding. Does it smell like fuel? Maybe test for combustion gasses?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It didn't smell like fuel from what I could tell. It was just foamy? I really hope it's from the restore. I can handle draining the new coolant but hope its nothing serious.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok well I guess ill be draining and running water throug it for a while.

·
War is the answer!
5,386 Posts
I would concur with the cleaner therory.

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 7 of 7 Posts