Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my 1997 f250 a few months ago and recently realized that I dont have a flywheel inspection cover. The flywheel is out in the open, I cant believe I missed it but Im having a hard time finding a place that sells them, that will fit. I tried J-C-Rip-me and of course, it said it would fit and it wouldnt fit if Henry Ford himself tried to put it on. Any places that may have them as old new stock? Ford doesnt sell them anymore.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Have you tried a parts store? your best bet is probly a junk yard

·
Registered
3,348 Posts

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Check the classifieds and part-out threads on this and the other truck forums. There was a semi-heated discussion on one of the forums recently about whether to keep or toss the cover, so there are clearly some fellas who would be happy to unload theirs.

·
Registered
49 Posts
go to a junk yard and pull it put it in your pocket and say you didnt find what you was looking for

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where is the part out forum?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ive noticed that mine doesn't have one aswell. Didn't figure it was an issue. Just curious why people would toss it? im confused about that.

not to hijack? :p

·
Registered
646 Posts
go to a junk yard and pull it put it in your pocket and say you didnt find what you was looking for
you have to be kidding me :doh: lol

·
Registered
582 Posts

your williing to be branded a thief over a inspection cover?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
your williing to be branded a thief over a inspection cover?
I'm pretty sure that's what one would often refer to as a joke.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC against my will

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thats good to hear. I guess I missed the punch line.

I might have one you can have. Just pay the freight. I will look today if it is still on the truck and post back

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also needing a cover.

I don't want to overstep anyone here but I have a 2000 F450, 7.3, 6-speed manual and the cover is missing. I have also tried to find one but have been unable. If the original poster does not take you up on the offer I will, if you think it will fit, not sure what powertrain you have and how universal the covers are. Thanks, my email is [email protected] and I am about 35 miles east of St. Louis, Mo., in Illinios.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I never did put mine back on when I put my trans back in. I was eager to test out my first trans build. Thought to myself.... I'll put it on later. 6 months later it's still sitting in my shop. I had a 76 elcamino that never had one and I had the cartruck 2 years.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't have one either. Im sure its not a problem as long as your not doing a lot of off roading. I wouldnt mind finding one to put on my truck either though.

Can the cover on a 7.3 w 5 spd just bolt up without removing anything? I know some trucks you have to remove the starter and in some cases even pull the trans back.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
It will bolt up without removing anything. Cheers!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts