Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I have everything I need to flush the gold out of my system excepet Fleetguard restore. I drove and made calls to Inernatioal dealers, cummings, and stoped at some fleet stores. For one all of them said they never heard of this. So I have VC-9 will that be enough or sould I run some simple green thru also. I have the report that on here about the flushing the 6.0 and reverse flushing. But I just seem I can't find the Restore. Also I would order it but this is the only weekend I have to change out this oil cooler and flush. Im in minnesota and its getting colder here so Im running out of time. My cooler is colged pretty good. I have up to a 20* delta so Im in need of replaceing it asap. Would like some advice on this Thanks.

· Premium Member
2,151 Posts
Sorry man, but I think you should just replace the oil cooler. IMO the flush will make it worse.

· Registered
265 Posts
There was a thread a few days ago about what substitutes you can use for restore as it seems most manufacturers have their own. I will see if I can find it. If not I would just use the simple green.

· Registered
265 Posts
Do a search for this "Restore cleaner alternatives". There are quite a few of them out there.

· Registered
4,555 Posts
If it means anything..... I called cummins and asked for it. They never heard of it. But when I asked for rad flush, they had it! I had him go and see what it was called. Dang, it was restore! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.