Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2001 SuperDuty 7.3 psd w/200km and a 45' workboat with a 671 that gets 1mpg! At $5/gal+++++ I need to be veggied big time! Anybody here made the switch that is located within 250 miles of west central Fl? :crazy:

·
Registered
424 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
A few friends and myself are about to buy a bio kit to make some bio in the garage. We are up in Navarre FL though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your about 475 miles from me, about 7hrs. I still would make it if your the closest ones doing this from St. Pete. Kinda hard to believe but who knows. What kinda kit are you guys building? Are you actually making bioD or just cleaning WVO and getting kits for your PSDs? Have you looked at Evolution Biodiesel Kits - Best Biodiesel Fuel Processors, Kits, Equipment and Accessories. They are in Houston which is a lot closer to you than to me but I was considering driving out there if I decided to buy one. But I still haven't made up my mind re convert my truck or make a bio still...:tard:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
1 MPG?!?!!?!!?!?!?! WTF!?!?!? how is that possible???

·
Registered
424 Posts
Comdiver secure your own oil sources ASAP.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My workboat is ex-CG buoy utility that weighs 68k lbs. You can see her at Comdivers Marine & Salvage Corp click on services and scroll down for a pic. The lucky thing is I don't have to move her far for the type of work I do (waterway maintenance - signs, buoys, aids to navigation). She holds 500 gal. which would be REALLY CRAZY at current prices. Right now she has about 200 gal in her tanks which I bought at about $2 - do I have to pay cap gains if I sell it? :wink[3]: I really don't know what it would take to run a 25 year old Detroit 671 on WVO but it is definetly worth looking into. If I was making BioD and had the still on the boat I could store it right in the 500 gal. tank and sell it to the local shrimpers but not at prices comparable to petroD. :crazy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts