Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you guys using? im more concerned about where it says superduty on the floor by the door and the lower part of door and by E brake. Basically the plastic panelling is what im trying to protect. Guys get into truck with asphalt and sealer on shows and they kick there feet against door and floor boards and trash it.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
my weathertech's do pretty good to protect the kick panel, they roll onto the panel that says super duty so it protects that a bit. im waiting on weathertech to release the floor mats with the raised foot rest on the left side, so far up until 2012 it had a depressed spot and now they changed it to a foot rest.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You might try some self adhesive kitchen shelving liner, or any self adhesive vinyl. Available in many colors and designs. Cut it to fit the area you want protected, peel and stick. Another thought are the clear vinyl exterior paint protection products. Depending on the abuse it recieves, it may not last too long and then you can re-do it. After the period of use/abuse is over, you can simply peel it off and be done with it.

·
Registered
416 Posts
make them take off their boots. i work with paving crews, they aren't the cleanest lot out there.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I guess i'm going to be the odd man out and say Huskyliner. I love mine.

edit: both weathertech and huskyliner have the raised dead pedal now for the 2012's

Quick question to all that have weathertechs.... is there anything on the bottom of the mats to hold them still? i have heard from several people saying that the passenger mat will slide around while driving.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Got the weather tech set - front and rear work real well

As for the entry maybe clear tape - several layers

Replaceable and low cost

·
Registered
109 Posts
......Quick question to all that have weathertechs.... is there anything on the bottom of the mats to hold them still? i have heard from several people saying that the passenger mat will slide around while driving.
The drivers mat attaches to the two locations as the OEM mat does with very positive over clips

The passenger does not but it fits very nicely in the area - I have not have any complaints from my wife in being too slippery

also I have the laser cut ones for exact fit - I dont know if that matters

·
Registered
547 Posts
The drivers mat attaches to the two locations as the OEM mat does with very positive over clips

The passenger does not but it fits very nicely in the area - I have not have any complaints from my wife in being too slippery

also I have the laser cut ones for exact fit - I dont know if that matters
yeah these were the digital fit ones also. i've always thought the whole laser fit thing was just a gimmick. it sounds good and all but there is only so good floor mats can fit haha.

anyway, i don't think the op would be dissapointed with either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I guess i'm going to be the odd man out and say Huskyliner. I love mine.

edit: both weathertech and huskyliner have the raised dead pedal now for the 2012's

Quick question to all that have weathertechs.... is there anything on the bottom of the mats to hold them still? i have heard from several people saying that the passenger mat will slide around while driving.
I have a 2013, is mine a raised dead pedal or depressed?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a 2013, is mine a raised dead pedal or depressed?
Yours should be raised, the 2011s and early 2012s had the depressed ones. Mine is a late 2012 and it has it so I assume yours does. Easiest way to tell is look and see to the left of the brake pedal if there is a raised up dead pedal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yours should be raised, the 2011s and early 2012s had the depressed ones. Mine is a late 2012 and it has it so I assume yours does. Easiest way to tell is look and see to the left of the brake pedal if there is a raised up dead pedal.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks, Mine does have the raised. My floor appears to be gray but the weathertech gray appears to be a lot lighter. I'm thinking of going with the black, Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I have Nifty Xtreme Plus that cover the entire floor, front and rear, with no gaps. I used some peel and stick felt from a craft store very similar to my carpet color to protect the kick panels. They look alot like the carpet at the bottom of the door panels. Cheap and disposable. The floor mats cost significantly less than weathertech and husky, fit great, clean easily.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Weathertech set came with my truck when I bought it, but they moved around a lot because they where flat on the bottom with no nibs, Bought a set of Husky Classics and they fit perfectly and the nibs on the bottom keep them in place...prefer the Huskies!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts