Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2011 F350 KR SRW Long Bed that identifies as a 1972 F100
220 Posts
I just realized this truck is from the Houston area. I’ve lived in Texas most of my life and have been in Houston for a flood event.

Crosby, TX is very close to Houston which is on the gulf. I’d be concerned that the water was at least brackish if not more concentrated. Also, when Houston floods it’s highly recommended to stay away from the water because it contains raw sewage from homes and businesses as well as chemicals from the multitude of factories in the Houston area.

I would most certainly recommend you stay far away from this truck even if you can get if for penny’s on the dollar. There are a lot of scam artists in that area trying to make a buck on flooded vehicles. Trust NO ONE! It’s sad thing to say about my fellow Texans but it’s absolutely true.

· Registered
220 Posts
View attachment 790498
View attachment 790499
it's been more than three years. would you think the rust would already be visible?
That paint looks fresher than that on my 2011. I wouldn’t touch that truck for anything more than a few thousand dollars if you’re hell bent on buying. You’ll get nothing but headaches. It sounds like you’re making reasons to buy and ignoring the reasons to stay away. It should come with a salvage title if it was properly reported and be extremely hard to get rid of. I’d be surprised if you could get a reputable bank to loan you money on it to be honest.

But go buy it. That’s what you really want to hear.

· Registered
220 Posts
Just get it over with and tell us how much they’re asking for it.

It’s got a salvage title and is reported as a full loss. That means the vehicle is next to worthless yet some scamming dealership or auction house is going to try and get top dollar for it.

I wouldn’t buy this truck even as an off-road farm vehicle. It will end up costing you more to maintain it than operate it. Not worth it at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts