Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a totaled truck that has a good engine and no damage. I’m swapping motors to get my truck back on the road, i know i need to get the oil out if the top of the motor before starting. Si far i have the turbo off and have removed about 3 cups of oil out of it. I’m doing new valve covers and will check compression and make sure the motor turns over by hand.

Any other sound advise in this situation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Morning,

Correction to previous post: I replaced the valve cover gaskets not the valve covers.

Motor swap is complete.
Ive run into a new issue, motor will not turn over. I have power to the dash, fuel pressure is good ( bled the system after motor swap).

Ive been digging through the forums, found some interesting things , so I pulled and reconnected all of the grounds and all the large wire loom connections( 2 on the firewall passenger side and 2 on the frame on the drivers side). Still not turning over.....

Had an extra starter so I swapped it out ( BTW the top bolt is a pain)... not helping.
I have remote starting( aftermarket add) so I’m trying to chase down the wiring to see what’s up.
Also went through all the fuses.

HELP PLEASE!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts