Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My chip knob has 6 positions and a white tick mark on it but no indicator as to which position I’m in. I have to try and look at the knob and think about the clock position of the white tick mark or turn the knob full left and count up as I turn it to the right to find the position I want. Anyone come up with a good mod to fix this or know where to get a indicator plate of some kind to go behind the knob?

My first thought was to use a sharpie and put numbers on the dash around the switch but that’s a little too shoddy even for me.

We also considered trying to use MSword to make the numbers 1-6 in a circle in the right positions then print out, cut out, and laminate it. Then try to mount it behind the knob on the switch by placing it behind the nut that holds the switch to the dash. Any better ideas out there?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I seen one that has the numbers that are even backlit. I looked for it the other day and seen it the web site but could not figure out how to get it to come up with the details and price. IIRC, when I found it the first time a couple of months ago, it was kinda pricey,IMO. I'll look for you again.I want one also.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be great!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Appearance Accessories
I don't know if this will show up or not. If not I'll go back and get you a link. Not an ORG. sponsor so I don't know if it is "legal" to do or not.

Appearance Accessories

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Now that there is nice. I gotta figure out if it is oriented right for my knob and if so I gotta get me one of those.
Thanks man!

I don’t think the moderator mind posting links to non sponsor sites as long as it pertains to the discussion in the thread and doesn’t seem like whole sale advertising and as long as the poster is not associated with the company linked to. I may be wrong though. Anyway, where did you find that at????

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes I agree frog. That looks sweet. I do the same thing, think of the settings then go to 1 and count the clicks. If you find one please let me know. Thanx:thumb:

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can’t find it anywhere, I can tell from the pic that it came from Black Cloud (I’ve bought stuff from them before) but I can’t find it on their website.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Ok, I'll look also. If I find one I'll let you know.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Try this Ford Powerstroke Transmission Differential Cover Brakes Ford Lighting Powerstroke Upgrades. Look at the bottom of the page. I've been intending on calling them to see how much it is. Like I said before, the first time I found it I remember thinking it was way overpriced but I can't seem to find a price on it now online. Guess a phone call is in order. If you call them and you don't mind, would you send me a PM with the price as I will not have time to do this for a while. trying to remember where the chip is at is a royal pain IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I just emailed them and black cloud asking about it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Can't find the product, but seen it on the web page. You are right. will have to call them. Well I guess whoever calls them first, let the others know. Or if we find it elsewhere. :thumb:

·
Registered
447 Posts
Kinda crazy if you ask me. They show the picture, you click on it and can't find it. My truck wasn't running when I found it so was in no hurry to get it and didn't book mark it. Let me know what you find out. Also found another place that will make custom parts like this for you. Thinking about having a cover made for the little cubby hole that is in the dash to install the gauge and air pump switch for the air springs.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I sure hope somebody finds this thing, I gotta have one.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
I have a back lit one for my TS/TW chip and love it but cant remember where i got it, it looks great in the truck

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
i just looked and it says pure diesel power but cant it for sale on their site, good luck

·
Registered
261 Posts
I emailed Pure Diesel a few weeks back and they do not sell or make them anymore. I wanted one for mine as well. Something about the LED's they used in it were not being produced anymore. I asked them if they knew any alternatives..never got a reply..

·
Registered
771 Posts
I just remember mine..........

didnt think it was so difficult.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I got a response just now from Black Cloud, looks like I’m outa luck on the indicator.

Hi Steve,
Yes, this is a part that has our company name on it, it is not legally authorized through our company, however. We do not carry this part. We never have. Someone is using our company name on this product. It is in no way backed by Black Cloud. We are not at liberty to discuss it further.
Thank you for asking to buy this product through us. We appreciate customers like you!

Marge
Black Cloud Diesel Performance, Diesel Truck Performance Parts
[email protected]
715-824-5051

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone know where I can find one like it?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Did anyone ever find one of these . That is exactly what I'm looking for . I cant believe nobody has something like this I think banks has a metal tag that goes behind thiers with the settings .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts