Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,270 Posts
It looks good - I'll probably wait till it comes out on DVD though.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I thought it was great! A little more cocaine than I expected haha

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I thought it was a great movie. One of my colleagues however, thinks it makes a mockery of our profession. I think he's crazy though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The flight sequence was highly problematic from a flight dynamics standpoint. I realize it is a movie and they need to take artistic license. The movie was not really about the the crash but rather dealing with addiction. And the consequences.

The root cause of the crash was taken from the crash of an Alaskan MD 80 off the coast of California where an improperly lube jack screw assembly caused a jammed horizontal stabilizer in a full nose-up or nose down position I forget. Anyhow when the plane went down in the pacific it was in inverted flight but tail first I believe.

Nonetheless a very good movie with great acting. Denzel got the not for best actor nomination. Reminds me of his performance in A Man on Fire - a very good movie in my humble opinion.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yup. Scary ****. Off the coast of California. I believe they were try to make LAX under a declared emergency. Pilots from other flights in the area witnessed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts